MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: CLOSED - MIHEC .432-250 Grain- Wide Flat Nose Run

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYCUTTER View Post
    I was #7 on the list and never got a paypal invoice . So don't tell me "********" when I told you before. So Mr. Bluejay please inform Mihec of my mold being overlooked . Thank you !
    I notified the first time. Im sorry you got overlooked. Please PM me your actual email address so theres no interpretation/ translation of the disguised email that maybe causing you to be overlooked. Any other issues...PM me please.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Buddy
    I did some test-casting with my mold yesterday, I didn't know people had problems with this mold until now. Gas check shank seems OK, but front driving band is a little on the small side, at.428-.429". Not sure if it's going to affect anything, will do some more testing.

I'm A Honcho!
    [QUOTE=Humbo;4445120]I did some test-casting with my mold yesterday, I didn't know people had problems with this mold until now. Gas check shank seems OK, but front driving band is a little on the small side, at.428-.429". Not sure if it's going to affect anything, will do some more testing.[/QUO

All my driving bands are at .4335 on the button but infront of the crimp groove is .429. If it were any bigger...they wouldnt chamber in my tight throated Thompson Centers....
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

Boolit Master
    Anyone choot these yet? I'll be looking at my mold for a while before I can fill it up.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    Anyone choot these yet? I'll be looking at my mold for a while before I can fill it up.
    I've settled on this boolit as a "go to" load for my Winchester Trapper. My load in Starline brass is 18.5gr Alliant 2400, Winchester WLP primer, I size to .430", Hornady gas check, Carnauba Red lube.
    Chronographs at 1567fps (Avg.) with start screen at 10', 75 degrees ambient temp. Ext Spread 47fps, SD 17.

Gun loves it and so do I, feeds like butter in the Trapper.

Don't know what you'll be shooting this from but I believe you'll love this boolit.
    Another great MIHEC offering for sure IMO.

Good luck with yours.
    Last edited by PbHurler; 10-08-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Add Info.
    Bob

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by PbHurler View Post
    I've settled on this boolit as a "go to" load for my Winchester Trapper. My load in Starline brass is 18.5gr Alliant 2400, Winchester WLP primer, I size to .430", Hornady gas check, Carnauba Red lube.
    Chronographs at 1567fps (Avg.) with start screen at 10', 75 degrees ambient temp. Ext Spread 47fps, SD 17.

Gun loves it and so do I, feeds like butter in the Trapper.

Don't know what you'll be shooting this from but I believe you'll love this boolit.
    Another great MIHEC offering for sure IMO.

Good luck with yours.
    Thanks sir. This was well received and appreciated. I will mark this as a load to test.

Boolit Master
    I have tested only one load in my Marlin carbine. Half grain less than Pb Hurlers. Using exact same components. Got acceptable accuracy (2 MOA @100) with bullets sized to .432 diameter. Would prefer .433 diameter but gas check shanks were undersized and checks wouldn't stay on when sized with a .433 die. I ordered the .434 mould, specifically for it's larger diameter. Mould has been returned and Miha is taking care of the issue. Expecting it any day, recieved a email for confirmation of my addy, last week.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Thanks for everyone's update
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213