RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy 10/22 day!

Boolit Master

Don't forget to celebrate!
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

I love my 10/22, received it as a present as my first rifle in 1980. I have no clue how many thousands of rounds have been thru that barrel and I've never had the bolt out of it. It has always shot pretty accurately for me. <.5" groups at 25yds.

I recently bought a 16.5" threaded SS take-off barrel off e-bay so I could use my suppressor on it. Had no aspirations of great accuracy as I've heard reports of newer rifles not being too accurate. Put it on and started popping rounds offhand at 25yds. That thing was putting them all in a .5" circle. I guess I don't need it to do any better than that.

Last edited by steve urquell; 10-22-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Master

I received an email from Rural King today with their 10/22 sales, not too bad if I was in the market. This one is only $200: https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-10-22-c...ter-31139.html
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    Happy 10-22 day everyone, here’s a couple.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAFE0400-16CC-4FB6-B94C-22EE4D54FE78.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	250054
    All Ruger, except the barrels are Green Mountain. I love em, squirrels hate em!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Mine has been a faithful and solid companion in many an adventure.

Got mine back around 72 or 73, ran it stock with iron sights for 20 years but then eyes started to age.

Dad had a spare Bushnell Banner 4 power deer rifle scope so I brought it back to the guy I bought it from to have the scope mounted.
    That one served for another 20 years. But eventually would no longer hold zero. It had a Red Dot sight on it for a little while. But not enough magnifcation at longer ranges for old eyes. So it is currently wearing a Simmons 3x9 variable.

In my prime with iron sights it could if you knew how out shoot long barreled scoped Remingtons and Winchesters.
    Like anything else, there are some things you can do to even the playing field, or maybe tip it your way even.

With the scope I found I could on most days punch primers out of 12 ga hulls at 75 yards or sometimes farther.
    Fun game to play with fresh snow on the ground.

For years I bought at least one 500 round brick of ammo every 2 weeks.

And yes it still shoots. But when .22lr ammo went over 10c ea, it got cleaned and oiled and put away.
    Really have had no reason to dig it out.

My longest shot was 153 long steps across an alfalfa field, hit a big jackrabbit in the head. Aimed around the tip of his ears, shooting off a pickup hood.

I have tweaked mine a bit in the last few years, added the extended mag release, took enough of the trigger apart to get the bolt hold open lock out.

It has kind of a heart shaped hole with a prong coming down into the hole from the top. Take that off with a dremel and reassemble. Now I no longer have to find that little catch with my fingers on the bottom side. Just give the bolt handle a jerk and she chambers and locks up ready to go.

Also put a silencer on the larger pin that keeps the bolt in place. You can buy nylon or delrim pins, I made mine of copper tubing covered with slingshot band rubber like surgical tubing. It got a lot quieter.

One of these days my grandchildren will be ready to teach. It will I think mostly wait in the safe till then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123