Load DataLee PrecisionPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy 10/22 day!

We have two, mine and hers. Mine is a second hand one I bought from a state trooper who needed some money back in the late 70's. It has a 4 power K-Mart scope and I did a trigger job and extended mag release on it. Her's has a 3x9 Tasco scope, trigger job and extended mag release also. Scopes are not expensive but work very well on clay pigeons up to 100 yards. Also hers was bought in the early 90's. They have been safe queens for a few years but now ammo is plentiful so we're going to get them out and shoot them.

My son converted his 10/22 with an Archangel AR style outfit. I laughed and asked where he ever found such a mighty M4 carbine. Sometime after he left for college I started fooling around with it, bought a few 25 round mags and mounted my streamlight on the picatinny rail. Now when he comes home we get the biggest kick out of lighting up steel targets at night. Now I'm a real 10/22 fan!

I had a stainless International that was so pretty I traded it for a Rem 700. Even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have a few 22's but a 10/22 is not one of them. My dad has one and it's fun to shoot. Kinda feel blasphemous not owning one.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    I'm a fan, wasn't always. I have several along with a Charger. The Charger is all Ruger, but has a cut down and tweeked 10-22barrel and I stoned the trigger. The rifles all have Ruger walnut sporter stocks and various green mountain barrels, stoned triggers and bedded. All will do 1/2 inch for 5 at 50 (subsonic Hp ammo).
    I dont have over 300$ in any one of them and actually prefer the 17inch mid weight for squirrel. I have several nice bolt guns, but the 10-22s shoot just as well with the scopes I prefer and field position. Not bench guns, but very accurate field guns the way I have them setup.
    I consider them single shots that have 10 rounds store on board. Also all function just fine with subsonic, 3$ spring fixers that, if needed.
    They are inexpensive enough to keep a spare and easy to swap parts arround as needed. Kinda like an 870, will never have any problem finding repair parts!
    Last edited by rking22; 10-24-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Got one several years ago. Like it a lot. When the step-son wanted to get a gun recommended he get one too. He did. I got one because I felt, like several people here, that I should as a gun lover have one. Don't regret that I did, they're fun to shoot.
    Rob

I've thought of getting one for my wife but she says no thanks I like my Marlin model 60.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mine is a 1990s SS model with a Banner 4 power. My grandson (11) says "he can hit anything with it". It's fun with 50 round clips but not as accurate as my Brno Model #1.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

I have one of the basic models that I recently purchased. It's fun to shoot and my wife and daughter like it. I have been shooting my Marlin model 80 DL a lot lately. I left the Ruger on the table last night so I can tweak the scope and the setup.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Bub
    I own 5 ruger 10-22s at one time. Grate little gun.

Mine dates back to about 1972. Shot it with iron sights for 20 years and then the eyes would just not keep up. Put a Bushnell 3x9x40 full size deer rifle scope on it and she really hit the mark for a couple more decades.

Still have her, keep her oiled and polished. We have a lot of history together that little carbine and I. I don't shoot it much these days, got out of the habit in the .22lr ammo crunch.

But she'd be one of the last I would ever sell.

I also have a pair of Ruger Mk III 22/45's his and hers, both sporting Red Dots. Both will put 10 into a pop cap at 20 feet offhand.

I did have for a while a second 10/22, bought it used for a song. It was the last year they put walnut stocks on them. Shot it some for a couple of years and gave it to my nephew. Boy needs a .22.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Back in 1964 when it was introduced I purchased the 1st one sold in Loveland. I had it for a couple years until my wife got a Marlin Mountie and proceeded to show me how a GOOD 22 could shoot. Got rid if it a few years later, the 10/22, and bought a REM 40X Sporter. Mounted a Leupold 3x9AO in Buehler base and rings and a Canjar single set trigger. Found it liked WIN Pistol Match ammo the best. Proceeded to have my butt handed to me by my wife and her Mountie anyway. Guess it wasn't the gun. Oh well.

Anyone out there that has a very low number 10/22, indicative of 1964 manufacture, check under the butt plate to see if there is a little plastic tube with a note in it. That would probably be the one I owned.

I'll just take my old WIN 74 or 77 anytime.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Got one at a pawn shop in 1968 for hunting rabbits, still have the rifle. Installed a Butler Creek folding stock and a longer stainless barrel. My sons shot thousands of rounds thru the original rifle while they were young. Both sons have the take down version of the 10/22.
    My grandson shoots the gun a lot now when we are at the gun club.
    Have installed the BX trigger a few years back.

Bought mine in 77'
    Still have it.
    Very reliable, super accurate.
    BX trigger.cpc bolt.
    Kidd guide rod and charge handle.
    Leupold straight 4 rimfire scope.
    Fun..and a million memories.
    (Also own nine other 10/22s

Bump to the top. 10/22 day is around the corner again.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Made payments on a Bicentennial issue 10/22 in high school. Sold it a few years later to pay for diapers. Sure wish I had it back, it was ACCURATE.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Years ago I traded for a 10/22. I put a 4x scope on it and went out to see how it would shoot. I tried 5 or 6 different kinds of ammo and it would shoot about 2" at 25 yds. Thinking the problem might be me, I then shot my Ruger MKI T which put all the different ammo into about 3/4" at 25yds. I no longer have a 10/22. I have the urge to get another one to see if I can make it shoot as well as my 1919 Savage NRA Target rifle without spending the price of a new CZ. Around here most used 10/22s sell for around $175/$225. That doesn't leave a lot of room for improvement without getting too much into the gun and not being a blaster I really don't need a semi auto. Still not a fan of the 10/22. Love the MKIs and have 3.

I've had many of them. Had small collection of them in each model as they came out. I've never sold any of them I've handed them out to family. The only one I have now is a early sporter model. For a long time their wasn't much to compete against them. I think my 1st one was $38. They all shot well and hand decent triggers.
    Dependable function, what more could you ask for. Well one of my cousins bought a sporter for his boy about 5 years ago. That's what kid wanted because of his experience shooting mine. The 10/22 is not the gun they use to be. Plastic trigger group, castings in hammer assembly, ect. The triggers are gritty and they don't seem to be as accurate as old out of the box models. Ived put a bunch of them together with aftermarket parts and it made a big difference. I was buying Volkswargen hammer kits bulk which took care of 90% of accuracy issues. Still like someone said you can drop several bucks into one know to equal a entry grade BA that is cheaper. Some look for a good old standard model and switch out the parts , then resale the old gun with new parts just at break even price.

Thumbs up

Mine is a factory target model in blue with the laminated stock wearing a fixed 10X Leupold AO with fine crosshairs. Shoots way better than I can even with cheap promo .22 ammo. It was one of the first guns I used to introduce my 11 year old grand-daughter to shooting this summer. She loved it. I bet her $5 that she couldn't keep all 10 rounds in the red dot on the target and it cost me $5 ... JUST (she nearly dropped one round out, but cut the line so I gave it to her).

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Mine is. A late nineties ally trigger model ,changed the hammer ,kid under triggerguard extended mag release nylon buffer cheap 4x12x40 scope moded bolt release shots well with some ammo ,SK or power points.as long as you clean the chamber every now and then it's very reliable.but no match in accuracy to my BSA martini international. So what its my rabbit gun, bench accuracy means nothing when out in the fields and woods.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast