RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionADvertise hereInline Fabrication
StainLess Steel MediaGraf & SonsTitan Reloading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy 10/22 day!

We have two, mine and hers. Mine is a second hand one I bought from a state trooper who needed some money back in the late 70's. It has a 4 power K-Mart scope and I did a trigger job and extended mag release on it. Her's has a 3x9 Tasco scope, trigger job and extended mag release also. Scopes are not expensive but work very well on clay pigeons up to 100 yards. Also hers was bought in the early 90's. They have been safe queens for a few years but now ammo is plentiful so we're going to get them out and shoot them.

My son converted his 10/22 with an Archangel AR style outfit. I laughed and asked where he ever found such a mighty M4 carbine. Sometime after he left for college I started fooling around with it, bought a few 25 round mags and mounted my streamlight on the picatinny rail. Now when he comes home we get the biggest kick out of lighting up steel targets at night. Now I'm a real 10/22 fan!

I had a stainless International that was so pretty I traded it for a Rem 700. Even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have a few 22's but a 10/22 is not one of them. My dad has one and it's fun to shoot. Kinda feel blasphemous not owning one.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    I'm a fan, wasn't always. I have several along with a Charger. The Charger is all Ruger, but has a cut down and tweeked 10-22barrel and I stoned the trigger. The rifles all have Ruger walnut sporter stocks and various green mountain barrels, stoned triggers and bedded. All will do 1/2 inch for 5 at 50 (subsonic Hp ammo).
    I dont have over 300$ in any one of them and actually prefer the 17inch mid weight for squirrel. I have several nice bolt guns, but the 10-22s shoot just as well with the scopes I prefer and field position. Not bench guns, but very accurate field guns the way I have them setup.
    I consider them single shots that have 10 rounds store on board. Also all function just fine with subsonic, 3$ spring fixers that, if needed.
    They are inexpensive enough to keep a spare and easy to swap parts arround as needed. Kinda like an 870, will never have any problem finding repair parts!
    Last edited by rking22; 10-24-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Got one several years ago. Like it a lot. When the step-son wanted to get a gun recommended he get one too. He did. I got one because I felt, like several people here, that I should as a gun lover have one. Don't regret that I did, they're fun to shoot.
    Rob

I've thought of getting one for my wife but she says no thanks I like my Marlin model 60.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Mine is a 1990s SS model with a Banner 4 power. My grandson (11) says "he can hit anything with it". It's fun with 50 round clips but not as accurate as my Brno Model #1.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Member: Clear Creek County Sportsman Association

Kilo Charlie zero Golf Papa Tango

I have one of the basic models that I recently purchased. It's fun to shoot and my wife and daughter like it. I have been shooting my Marlin model 80 DL a lot lately. I left the Ruger on the table last night so I can tweak the scope and the setup.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Mold
    I own 5 ruger 10-22s at one time. Grate little gun.

Mine dates back to about 1972. Shot it with iron sights for 20 years and then the eyes would just not keep up. Put a Bushnell 3x9x40 full size deer rifle scope on it and she really hit the mark for a couple more decades.

Still have her, keep her oiled and polished. We have a lot of history together that little carbine and I. I don't shoot it much these days, got out of the habit in the .22lr ammo crunch.

But she'd be one of the last I would ever sell.

I also have a pair of Ruger Mk III 22/45's his and hers, both sporting Red Dots. Both will put 10 into a pop cap at 20 feet offhand.

I did have for a while a second 10/22, bought it used for a song. It was the last year they put walnut stocks on them. Shot it some for a couple of years and gave it to my nephew. Boy needs a .22.

Boolit Master
    Back in 1964 when it was introduced I purchased the 1st one sold in Loveland. I had it for a couple years until my wife got a Marlin Mountie and proceeded to show me how a GOOD 22 could shoot. Got rid if it a few years later, the 10/22, and bought a REM 40X Sporter. Mounted a Leupold 3x9AO in Buehler base and rings and a Canjar single set trigger. Found it liked WIN Pistol Match ammo the best. Proceeded to have my butt handed to me by my wife and her Mountie anyway. Guess it wasn't the gun. Oh well.

Anyone out there that has a very low number 10/22, indicative of 1964 manufacture, check under the butt plate to see if there is a little plastic tube with a note in it. That would probably be the one I owned.

I'll just take my old WIN 74 or 77 anytime.
    OK folks, there is only two ways to do this. My way or my other way.

Boolit Master
    Got one at a pawn shop in 1968 for hunting rabbits, still have the rifle. Installed a Butler Creek folding stock and a longer stainless barrel. My sons shot thousands of rounds thru the original rifle while they were young. Both sons have the take down version of the 10/22.
    My grandson shoots the gun a lot now when we are at the gun club.
    Have installed the BX trigger a few years back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12