WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Llama 22LR 1911

Boolit Master

Llama 22LR 1911

I picked this a few weeks ago, the seller did tell me up front of the issue of not functioning 100 % of the time. I did find the feed lips worn and was allowing the rounds to slip past them at times. I was able to adjust them so that issue is fixed. The other issue is it would stove pipe or fail to go into full battery. Both were caused by the same problem. The chamber is tight, I am thinking on this pistol the chamber is not cut to the large side, but to the small side. I found after some testing and measuring 22 ammo that Federal, CCI and Winchester white box all fit and function 100%. CCI quite will load but not function as to little pressure to cycle. Remington full power are to big around at the boolit, case is OK. Now for the head scratchier, Remington subs will function as well.

I was surprised to find that Rem full power are so over sized. All the rest will pass the "plunk" test even with what I feel is a tight chamber. SAAMI specs show a .226, I measured a few spent cases and all came out at .225 to .226. I have in the past dump 22 ammo into a ammo can just freely, not anymore. My 22LR revolvers do not care, they like and shoot just fine for plinking with what ever I feed them. My 10/22s like and function as well with all the ammo I have.

This pistol is my first semi in 22LR and am learning as I go as to how to get to function 100%. I am looking for another mag or 2, I can find them on ebay and a few other sites. So far I can not find one like mine. The slot on the side at the top is what is missing on the ones I find. I really like this pistol, it is a hoot to shoot and hits where I point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Llama disassembled.jpg  
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Red,

Most of these 22's are picky eaters....polish the feed ramp,break the sharp corner were the ramp meets the chamber, most of the recoiled springs are pretty stout, and either need high volicity ammo like Chi mini mags or Winchester m22.... I have seen this a lot with 1911 22lr guns, German sport guns,and sig Sauer mesqito......you can get different recoil springs this might be an option if you want to run a standard volicity ammo......some of times guys "limp wrist" these and that can cause failure to eject......my advise, cci mini mags and keep them really clean

Aaron

Boolit Master

I had a nice Especial in 22 LR for several years. Believe it or not, the pistol is the same size as the Walther PP. MY PP 22 LR functions well until it gets really dirty, but only on hi-speed ammo, CCI Mini-Mag being the best. The Llama would fail to feed about every magazine full, but I enjoyed shooting it. Ended up trading it away and replacing it with the Browning 3/4 size 1911 in 22 LR. Alloy, not steel, but it works and parts are available. These short barrel autos seem to run better on higher pressure rounds.

Boolit Buddy
    I've one, it functions fine with the original mag, haven't had much luck finding extra mags that are OEM or reliable. A friend at a local gunshop researched mags for me and found some new ones that fit, but aren't the same as the original. Opened one and got tired of tweaking it, trying the make it work.

Not a practical gun anyway. Not sure I bought it, looks cool, must have been cheap.