Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: My results thanks to everyone.

Boolit Master

Smile My results thanks to everyone.

Just wanted to share my results and appreciation for this site, its members and wealth of information. I started reloading four years ago and casting about 2 years ago. Jacketed bullets were easy and took no time at all to follow a recipe and tune. Jacketed bullets are expensive though and I couldn't keep it up on my budget so I decided to cast. However with cast bullets I had bad results and no mentor. Only information I had was google and youtube then eventualy Lymans cast book #4 and Lee's Modern Reloader. I didn't start having success till I scoured this site, LASC and CastPics. Since then I have had good test runs and bad but with quicker success by knowing the signs and listening to my guns. Surprisingly I was able answer my questions and solve my problems with the search functions. Since then my physical and electronic library has grown.

Anyone can say this or that, but pictures or it never happened. So I upload my results with information to my albums. The link below will take you to my albums of 270 Winchester, 260 Remington, and 6.5 Grendel. Sadly though I accidently blew up my Grendel 3 weeks ago. Took her to a gun smith and the verdict was nothing salvageable. I went a head and shared its success though because I will be rebuilding it and hopefully a .277 Wolverine slowly as budget permits. I still have my 30-30 which isn't wanting to play nice with anything I throw at it. I am also working on my .50 cal muzzle loader. Using those iron sights is a skill I have yet to acquire.

So please, take a look and share advice and critique. I am still working up loads with other powders and will add them when I get them done.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/album.php?u=47568

Respectfully,
    Ryan Conner
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master

Ryan, your pics show everything but distance. Shot at 50 or 100yds?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    What kind of chron set-up are you using?
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Master

All shots at a hundred yards. Caldwell chrono set up at 15 yards. It plugs into my phone and has a nice app that i can plug in info and notes to and it records the shot groups. I export the groups into and merg into one file.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~