RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Who can modify my Lee mold???

Boolit Bub

Who can modify my Lee mold???

I have a Lee 358-158-RF that I really like except for the beveled base. Figuring it would be easier to just get a new mold than mess with having one modified I ordered an NOE 360-154-WFN. I'm not fond of the tiny band ahead of the crimp groove on the NOE mold and prefer the larger meplat and "fatter" nose on the Lee mold so it looks like I'm gonna just have to have my Lee mold modified. Is there anyone in particular y'all would recommend to do such a modification? Thanks.

Boolit Master

Just asking, what is wrong with the bevel base? To pay someone is gona cost a bit more than the mold is worth new. Push come to shove fix it your self, if you mess it up just buy another. How to fix it, round file, sand cloth wrapped around a dowel. It is Alu, wont take long.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Banned

hand turning a drill bit in a press would cut it out too.
    5 minutes with a dowell and some sand paper, some lapping compound, your pocket knife, whatever you got.
    the worst that could happen is you make it a little too big and have to size it down in a size die.

Boolit Grand Master

Ink the mould cavities with a magic marker or lay out ink something to make the surfaces stand out black or blue is fine as to color. With a new exacto blade in a handle slowly cut out the bevel base work carefully and watch the ink in the driving band. when you touch it stop. work slow and easy making sure to maintain square as best you can. This gets you very close then lightly lapp the cavities.

Boolit Master

I cast them out of 2/3/95 alloy and size them nose down in my Star sizer using a flat face punch, the bevel goes away and it becomes a square base.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator