Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: and it starts

and it starts

Finally got out to the range today to test some hand loads for my 444 Marlin and .357 Blackhawk, both loaded with powder coated cast bullets, 265 grain RF (gas checked) in the 444 Marlin and 158 grain RF plain base in the BH. Both shot superb and both guns came home with sparking clean barrels. Since no one else was at the range today except me, I had the opportunity to do some lead scrounging out at the berms and came home with my first ever haul of range scrap. Only 15 lbs after maybe 20 minutes of harvesting the 'low hanging fruit', but it's a start. For the first time in my life, I came home with more lead than I left with at no cost to me, a net gain for my shooting. My tails a waggin folks. Once my range scrap bucket is full, I'll smelt it down and cast some ingots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	range scrap-1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	206274

JJ

Boolit Master

I have a tote in the bed of my truck. Every time i got to the range i pan the berms afterwards. Once the tote is full i fire up the fryer and smelt. Cool thing is to save the jackets and turn the copper in.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

My first haul was the other day, my range never gets cleaned and no one that I have ever seen picks lead, so I got 50+ pounds in about an hour, I watched country boy prepper on youube use a homemade sifter to quickly sift and fill up his buckets, i copied him and it worked well for me.

Boolit Master

I made that same sifter. Works like a champ and is quick. I don't pan very long. Its not expressly forbidden, but not expressly forbidden either. Sometimes, you just got to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~