Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: WTB: Remington Model 6 Stock

Boolit Master

WTB: Remington Model 6 Stock

I know this is a long shot, but I am hoping someone might have a buttstock for an old Remington model 6. I bought this years ago, and my little boy has really taken a shine to it. The stock on it now works, but it is glued in several places and has a chunk missing here and there.

It is a cool old .22. If you are a student of the gun, and have never researched them, I would take look. It is such a cool and simple design--but somehow elegant. They can be bought fairly cheap, but most all I have seen were really put through the wringer.

There are also some made with a very crude peep sight. If someone has one of those in a parts bin somewhere, I would be grateful.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    I know this is a long shot, but I am hoping someone might have a buttstock for an old Remington model 6. I bought this years ago, and my little boy has really taken a shine to it. The stock on it now works, but it is glued in several places and has a chunk missing here and there.

It is a cool old .22. If you are a student of the gun, and have never researched them, I would take look. It is such a cool and simple design--but somehow elegant. They can be bought fairly cheap, but most all I have seen were really put through the wringer.

There are also some made with a very crude peep sight. If someone has one of those in a parts bin somewhere, I would be grateful.
    I have one and was unable to find stock and fore end so I ordered some walnut and made them. Very interesting gun, lots of fun to shoot. I also re-lined the barrel with a Redman liner, it is very accurate. You might watch Ebay for a stock.

Boolit Master
    My bore looks like a sewer as well, ....but my boy is somehow getting minute of small pumpkin at 15 yards. I'm pretty proud of the little booger. He really likes the block style action.
    After we were done shooting tonight, we came in, cleaned the gun up and sat down to eat. After a while, he looked over at me and said, "Dad--I feel older today.". He is only 7, but he sure is acting older the last few months. I think he is going to be a good young man someday.

I sat down and imagined myself making a stock for that out of a nice chunk of wood. My dad taught me how to take care of myself in a bunch of different ways. Unfortunately, he was not a woodworker. I don't think I'll be teaching my kids that art form either. My hat is off to you woodworkers of the world!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    My bore looks like a sewer as well, ....but my boy is somehow getting minute of small pumpkin at 15 yards. I'm pretty proud of the little booger. He really likes the block style action.
    After we were done shooting tonight, we came in, cleaned the gun up and sat down to eat. After a while, he looked over at me and said, "Dad--I feel older today.". He is only 7, but he sure is acting older the last few months. I think he is going to be a good young man someday.

I sat down and imagined myself making a stock for that out of a nice chunk of wood. My dad taught me how to take care of myself in a bunch of different ways. Unfortunately, he was not a woodworker. I don't think I'll be teaching my kids that art form either. My hat is off to you woodworkers of the world!
    Congrats on your son, sounds like you are raising him right, much respect for you also.

Boolit Master
    Here is a shot of the hammer and block pins. You can see little dents and peens in the receiver from blows of whatever beating utensil was closest\available. Pretty cool!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171020_220227.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	206286