Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision

Thread: I have to brag a little!

Boolit Master

I have to brag a little!

So I was in Tulsa, OK to shoot the USPSA Oklahoma Sectional match hosted at USSA. I didn't shoot till Saturday but we came down Fri to get our registration done and walk the stages. Well it just so happens that Jerry Miculek and family were shooting this match too. Me being a big S&W fan and a fan of Jerry's, I brought along my 929 JM Performance Center in case I happen to run in to him. As luck would have it, I did and he autographed the serialized case of my gun, the one he had S&W build to his specs! He's a really nice guy and a class act! Pretty cool!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171020_174554-2016x1512.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	206265
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 10-21-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

That is awesome to have met and had him do that.

I am a fan of him to, love to watch him shoot. I just wish i could shoot that much to. LOL

Boolit Grand Master

That's really awesome. How about a picture of the 929 as well!

I've talked to him a couple of times at the SHOT Show, and he's a down to earth guy.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    I'm a USPSA RO & have been active in the game for about 20 years. I've met Jerry, Kay & Lena often, and they are "salt of the earth" folks.
    Kudos on getting the box signed.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    That's really awesome. How about a picture of the 929 as well!
    Yes indeed!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Okay, ill post up some pics here in just a tad.

I'm also a USPSA RO but I've only been in the sport for going on a few years now. I've got to chat a little bit to some of the top shooters and Jerry is up at the tippy top of friendly, nice competitors. Max Michel is also someone I admire alot and also a really cool dude. I've seen a lot of the upper crust shooters that are polar opposites and too good to be friendly or helpful. Just today I watched Max finish his last stage and grab pasters and head downrange and help reset for the next shooter. He's the reigning world champ but still a class act. Pretty cool!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    Really fun gun to shoot! Like a big cap gun with minor PF 9mm loads. Really not bad with major either! It certainly is a magnificent gun, Jerry did a great job with the attributes of it. I need to get my competition rig built for it and shoot some USPSA Historical Division! I love my revolvers!

Name:	20171020_214751-3024x2268.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	206287

Name:	20171020_214715-3024x2268.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	206288
    ~ Chris

Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy
    Chris,
    Very nice! You have a great handgun and keepsake. Jerry certainly is one of the best.
    Pistolero49

NRA Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer * GSSF Member
    Good Sam Club Life Member
    Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc.

Boolit Buddy
    Never met the man but I've always heard that he's a class act
    Glad to hear that they were right!

Boolit Master
    Very Cool & G'Luck! with the matches! Have fun! & please take & share pics if ya will!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I will do my best, I think this will be a fun one! See ya'll on the flip side!
    ~ Chris

Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Grand Master

That is definitely a keep sake and something to be proud of. With minor loadings that revolver will outlast all of us.

Super Moderator

I have met and spoke with Jerry a couple of times, and shot with him many years ago at the American Handgunner World Shootoff Championship in Montrose, CO. He is a true ambassador for the shooting sports, and a heck of a good guy. He don't need no bump fire stocks either. Congrats on the autograph!

Very nice!

Boolit Master
    My 929 was built on Friday at 430. Trigger needs some work, getting better after I shot it for a year. I blew the compensator in half as the screw backed off after 300rds in a match . The next problem is the ejector screw knob backed off. The main spring screw backed off resulting in light hits. I had a tougher time making the lead reloads work without sticking in cylinder. The gun looks good on paper but the quality of years past just isn't there. Just my .02. FYI I do shot fairly good and fast with it. I would be faster if I sorted my brass and matched it to the moon clip. Have to jiggle them in too much. Congrats on meeting jerry and getting his signature

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Very Cool & G'Luck! with the matches! Have fun! & please take & share pics if ya will!
    I didn't get much for pictures but I did get some video footage! Overall, I had a lot of fun!

Vids here! --> http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...deo-footage-of
    ~ Chris

Accuracy, Power & Speed