MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: 445 Supermag cast boolit loads?

Boolit Bub

445 Supermag cast boolit loads?

I have recently acquired a 445 Supermag rifle (H&R Handi rifle). I have some loads worked up for jacketed bullets, but being the frugal type of person I am, I would like to work up loads with cast bullets. I have 240 grain gas checked powder coated boolits that I would like to use. I have H110 and AA1680 powder I used with jacketed bullets, but cannot find any load data for cast boolits.

Would I be safe using low end jacketed loads with gas checked powder coated boolits? I normally only load with published data from manufacturers, but there seems to be none available. Anybody have any experience with this?

I also have H4198 and Reloder 7.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Tim

I've got a wildcat that is pretty much a rimless 445SM off of 30-06 or 308 brass. Same case capacity and length so 445SM data can be used. So far I've only shot jacketed but am going to try some 240 and 310 cast the next trip out to the range. I used QuickLoad to get an idea on starting loads and loaded with 2400.
    Last edited by Moleman-; 10-20-2017 at 09:05 AM.

I'm A Honcho!
    A full case of H110 is hard to beat in a straight wall case. If the pockets have been reamed on your brass for Large Rifle Primers...awesome. If not use Magnum pistol primers until you do. Go heavier than 240 grain. 280 would be the minimum for that round and you’ll still get near 2000 fps.

32 grains H110 was my most accurate load with 240s.

31.5 H110 with a Sierra 250 FPJ .4295 was my most accurate load overall. Always less than an inch.

29.8 with a Lee 430 310 GC in the bottom lube groove was my most accurate cast load.

Trim the brass unless you have a new batch.

More data: http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/ta...=Powder&Source
    Last edited by bluejay75; 10-20-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.