Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: at 71 years old ordered second custom mold

Boolit Master

at 71 years old ordered second custom mold

back a number of years ordered a custom mold from MiHec (Penta and Round HP in .45) really liked the brass mold but shoulder surgery took the shine off the tomato after 30 minutes of casting (another story for another time)

Got a friend involved in cowboy shooting and offered to cast his bullets for cost of lead. Life is good

after a couple of years he runs out and buys a Pedersoli pump action rifle in .45 Colt. no problem BUT turns out the loading gate and barrel geometry doesn't allow 'fat' RNFP bullets Life is interesting

after much trial and error find the Lyman 454190 mold works. only problem it's in 2-cav only. Life is slow

Finally run across Tom's Accurate Mold online catalog and find a 5-cav mold of the 454190 clone. He was willing to pick up the cost of the mold so now just waiting for it to come in. Life back to good.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

It is good that you are helping another shooter. At your rate you will be 142 y.o. before you have 4 custom molds and 213 y.o. By the time you have 6.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hope I'm still in the running to congratulate you when you get to 4 custom molds.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have been delighted with Tom's custom molds, being able to get something tailored in dimensions and alloy to YOUR rifle or revolver, not having to wait for group buys to get something to somebody else's design in compromised dimensions for THEIR firearm. With 3-weeks delivery on custom molds to MY design, and MY alloy which fit MY gun, I am done with group buys. I now own over a dozen Accurate custom moulds to MY specs and am absolutely delighted!!!!

A few of my Official Outpost Boolits for your dining and dancing pleasure! There are more but they will only allow me to post ten...

Attachment 206213Attachment 206214Attachment 206215Attachment 206216Attachment 206217Attachment 206218Attachment 206219Attachment 206220Attachment 206221
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Looking forward to the "World of custom molds."

Wondering if it's like messing with the temp on casting pot then stepping up to a PID and wonder why it took so long

I'll keep y'all posted
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

You better start heating your pot as that mold will be in your hand before you know it. I have one LBT mold and 4 or 5 Accurate molds. Sold the Lymans and other assorted brands.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.