MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primer Prices...

Boolit Master

Primer Prices...

Not sure where to put this, but...

I see Midway has no Hazmet fee if you purchase $147.00 worth of primers. Sounds good BUT, if you go to Powder Valley their primers are considerable less priced so with a purchase of 4000 primers or thereabout, the $19.95 they charge is easily absorbed…

I was really looking at Midway, but I also got an e-mail from Powder Valley. I quick comparison of prices made it pretty clear as to which way my order is going…

Good-luck…BCB

I stopped into a local Mill's Fleet Farm hoping to find some .45 colt new brass. Which I did, winchester, same price as Midway but no shipping.

I also bought an extra 1k of large pistol primers while I was there. 4.16 per hundred.

But no hazmat or shipping. That is not such a bad deal.

Typically once or twice a year I will stock up on powder and primers. Buy both in bulk, pay one shipping/hazmat fee it is not so bad.

But it is nice to have local stores actually have components on the shelves as well.

Boolit Buddy
    Which primers are you talking about at PV? Thx.
    Oops my bad. I thought there were primers that were 19.95 at pv until I reread post.
    Sorry
    Last edited by Messy bear; 10-19-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Local shop by me is $40 for a brick. Between powder and primers prices that have gone up in the last couple years its about the same cost when set and done to buy factory ammo lately. If my reloads didn't outshoot factory ammo and I love the hoppy so much I'd probably cave.

Boolit Bub
    Last nite I picked up at Cabelas 4K of Cheddite 209 at $23.00 per k and 2k of small rifle S&B at $22.00 per k. And used a 20.00 discount coupon. Kinda nice prices these days. Keeps it real.

Boolit Master

Picked up a brick of Winchester LP for 34$ a couple weeks ago in Aberdeen SD.

Boolit Master
    BCB, I appreciate that "heads up" about Powder Valley, and am bookmarking them for later when I go to buy more primers in bulk. Hopefully they will still have reasonable prices like the do now considering the current prices on the market.
    Thanks!

It is a pity that I have already stocked up enough to last a while & I do not have any extra funds currently to take advantage of those lower prices...

Up til now, like GhostHawk, I buy my primers from Fleet Farm most of the time when I get there. For between $3.85 & 4.25 a 100pack it is better than buying online & paying shipping + hazmat for them in smaller amounts like 1k at a time. It seems one must buy 5k of each kind at a time to make the shipping/hazmat work. Best deal I have ever found this year(2017) was a 1k sleeve for 32.50 at a gunshow that a friend bought for me when there was a local shortage of Small pistol.

----------------------------------

Tripplebeards,
    Even at an average price of $4 a 100 that converts to an average of 4 cents apiece, for all of the firearms I reload for, that is still less than factory ammo costs for me on just about every one, with the addition of better accuracy & uniformity of load. 9mm is the one that is pretty cheap I wass thinking of for factory & being inexpensive. I reckon my consts are the following:
    $0.04 (primer) + $0.01(powder@3 gr. ave./$21 per pound) + case( already have, but lets say oncefired for 0.04) $+0.04, boolit ( lets say 124gr 2R) is + just under 0.02 each for a total of: just under $0.11 per round. $110.00 per 100. Cheaper than any brand new 9mm factory ammo I can find right now that I would even come close to comparing to my own reloaded quality of rounds. ( $0.18)I do not consider my time when reloading. If I have to work at a job to earn the $$ to buy the factory ammo, which to me is the the same as the "price" of my labor making what I think are better quality ammo, IMO, it all equals out. That extra quality/accuracy of my own handloads offsets any price savings I may make by the convenience of having the factory make them for me. Of course, that is "my" opinion. LOL I hope ya don't "cave".

I would add that in all the reloading I do, I think that .380 is the most price savings from reloading my own, with 38 & 357 prolly next, maybe 44 Rem mag.. I have not taken the time to check on these, but only the 9mm stuff as that seems the least expensive of all that I load. Thus, the use of it as an example here.

I apologize for the rambling... Coffee revving me up for the day. Had a hard night with health issues. Staying home from my work today.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

If anyone lives near port charlotte fl im need to move powders,primers some bullets ,,dont mean to claim jump just in a bad way rt now
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Primers are hovering right around $28-30/K here locally. That's a heckuva lot higher than they used to be, but pretty reasonable. On the other hand, it wasn't that long ago that primers were $16-20/K.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=4719dave;4181615]If anyone lives near port charlotte fl im need to move powders,primers some bullets ,,dont mean to claim jump just in a bad way rt now[/QUOTE

Sorry to hear about your troubles but if you want to move that stuff fast with no shipping hassles and for the best price try putting an add up on craigslist. I hate to see it go to non CB members but if times are tough.... wish you the best.

As to the op, I've got a lot of local shops to choose from and prices range from 32.00 per 1000 to almost $50.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    Since I am close by a Cabelas during the week while I'm on the job, I've been grabbing S&B primers @ 21.99 when onsale. Comes out to ~24 bucks per 1k with tax added. When I was ordering online I'd need to order in much larger packs to make the hazmat worth while. This way each time I use one up I just stop by and buy 2 more to replace it. Everything except SPP are still on sale.

@ 27.99 + tax for S&B SPP I'd rather spend a few extra and get either Winchester or Federal. I'm stocked plenty though so I'm waiting to see if they will do the 19.99 sale price again this year.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Brownells and Natchez same deal...free shipping and 1 cent hazmat or free hazmat if you buy $150 or more.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I stopped into a local Mill's Fleet Farm hoping to find some .45 colt new brass. Which I did, winchester, same price as Midway but no shipping.

I also bought an extra 1k of large pistol primers while I was there. 4.16 per hundred.

But no hazmat or shipping. That is not such a bad deal.

Typically once or twice a year I will stock up on powder and primers. Buy both in bulk, pay one shipping/hazmat fee it is not so bad.

But it is nice to have local stores actually have components on the shelves as well.
    Unfortunately "Mills" fleet farm is no longer local. It was sold to a New York company. I've been to the Alexandria, St. Cloud, and the new Monticello fleet farms this year, and I wont be back. Prices are up at least 25% what they were last year, and the reorganized isles are only wide enough for a single person. What was once a great, locally owned, store with great products and low prices is gone IMO.

Boolit Master

I like powder valley. Excellent prices if you are not in a hurry. They are slow to ship.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    Last nite I picked up at Cabelas 4K of Cheddite 209 at $23.00 per k and 2k of small rifle S&B at $22.00 per k. And used a 20.00 discount coupon. Kinda nice prices these days. Keeps it real.
    Before I go Cabelas, I Buy Cabela's Gift Cards @ https://www.raise.com/buy-cabela-s-gift-cards @ 12% off face value.
    Right now they have a bunch of $25 Gift Cards for $22

Boolit Master
    Over here CCI are £45 per 1000 wish I had your prices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Before I go Cabelas, I Buy Cabela's Gift Cards @ https://www.raise.com/buy-cabela-s-gift-cards @ 12% off face value.
    Right now they have a bunch of $25 Gift Cards for $22
    oh hey, thats a good tip thanks!
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by williamwaco View Post
    I like powder valley. Excellent prices if you are not in a hurry. They are slow to ship.
    I place about 4 orders a year with them. Just received 40 pounds of CFE and 10K primers. Ordered on Friday received on Tuesday. Longest I have ever had was two days processing time before shipping. During last panic they were claiming they were two weeks behind.

Banned
    BiMart has CCI for 29.90 and 2400 for 23.97

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    Over here CCI are £45 per 1000 wish I had your prices.
    any idea what that equates to in colonial money?
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast