MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dad

Boolit Master

BTDT. My Dad was of the same generation. Thanks for the pic. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you celebrate his life.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

Pat, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I know that it is the natural order of things, but it doesn't soften the grief any. You do have the promise that you will get to spend eternity with him when this life is over for you. Until that time you will miss him greatly and think of him often. I pray that the peace of God will settle over you and give you help through this great loss. I just have to say that the picture of your dad is very nice. I bet you inherited many of his traits and he will live on in your memory and through your life and the things he instilled in you.
    Stan
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Pat I'm very sorry. I've been there and I know it isn't easy.

Banned

Sorry for your loss, Pat. Thoughts and prayers out to you.

Prayers up for your and yours. I believe God blessed you both for that moment of clarity. You'll always have that, and the knowledge that he had awareness and felt love in that moment. A wonderful gift for you both during such a trying and painful time. May he rest in peace, and may you and yours find solace in his passing.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    He's here but not here
    He's gone but not gone
    Just hope he knows if I get lost
    Shine your light down on me
    Lift me up so I can see
    Shine your light when you're gone
    Give me the strength to carry on
    To carry on
    Miss you Dad
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    Condolences to you and your family ... Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Prayers for you and your family

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    My Dad died this evening... James Thomas Green.

He had been suffering with Alzheimers, and is definitely in a better place this evening.
    Last visit I had with him, I got to play him the piano, and out of the blue he spoke my full name, said "That's my son", and then he started crying, so I know he was aware and remembered me for a brief moment.

RIP and God bless you Dad... and I love you very much, Pat.
    Sorry for your loss ,,,but yes, He is in a better place and in no pain...Glad he was able to call you by name one more time...

Boolit Master
    Hi Pat sorry for your loss.Lost my Father in Sept 1994 at age 96.WW1 vet.Miss him every day.Lost Mother the previous year at age 88.He saw a lot of changes in this old world.Saw transportation go from the horse and buggy to the space shuttle.And saw Haley`s Comet come and go twice.And a whole lot of history made in between.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Sorry for your loss Pat. Lost my Dad 30 August of this year so I know what that loss is like . You and your family are in my prayers .

Eddie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dad2jpg.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	208511 My dad Edward M Southgate
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 11-26-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Banned

Thanks for the kind words Eddie.

Went to Dad's military burial and memorial services this past week. Was very touching. Sure will miss him... Pat

Banned

And thanks so much everybody for your comments. I see some new ones came in. I took a week off, and have been offline for the most part... Pat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Prayers up for your and yours. I believe God blessed you both for that moment of clarity. You'll always have that, and the knowledge that he had awareness and felt love in that moment. A wonderful gift for you both during such a trying and painful time. May he rest in peace, and may you and yours find solace in his passing.
    That moment for clarity from him was so great. Really gives me a smile to remember.

Boolit Master

You’ll cherish that moment of clarity for the rest of your life. I’ve worked around Alzheimer’s patients and saw them slip away. It’s a cruel disease that steals everything from people. I’m sorry he’s gone but glad for both of you that he’s received his reward.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I watched my dad slip into Dementia the last 3 years. Got to where all he did was yell at mom.

A month before he passed he was becoming physically abusive to staff at the facility he was at.

They had to transfer him to a different facility 100+ miles away that was equipped to handle that kind of patient. My sister had to make the choice. Change his meds, calm him down, knowing that the meds would be taking a huge toll on his heart/liver. In the hope that he and mom could have a good day or two before he passed.

Or leave them separated which was hell on both of them.

She made the right choice IMO. Mom had a day. He could so easily have died 3 years earlier when he had a stroke, and a heart attack in a 2 day period. They almost lost him 3 times in surgery trying to clear his 89% plugged carotid artery in his neck.

In so many ways it would have been so much better for everyone.

But, it went the way it went. He's at peace now.

Take what your given, be thankful for every good memory. Every hug, every kind word. Every "I love you".

Do your best to tell those that you love that you love them every chance you get.

Because we never know what lies in store.

Boolit Grand Master

The only sure thing in our life's history are the yesterdays. Today is still to come and the future is only hopes. Never allow an opportunity to pass without expressing your love and giving hugs.
    My parents both passed holding my hands, in their home, where I live now. I am constantly surrounded by the physical things they so enjoyed.
    With Gods help, I have both my children and their families in adjoining homes. I get to see all my grandchildren daily and am truly blessed.
    If you don't have a similar situation, I feel for you and urge you to make and work a plan, that will make it possible.
    Knowing that my remaining years are daily getting shorter, it's a great comfort knowing that I will be among loved ones in my final hours. My only real regret is the possibility of leaving my wife of 54 years in a wheelchair without my help, but I'm sure that God will provide. He always has.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned

Very true and very touching stories... life is so fragile and so short.

We are up next.

-Pat

I too am sorry for your loss. Let me reflect on what a lady recently told me. I met her husband while I was surveying their property. He was very ill & died before I finished the job. Last I saw her she was grief stricken as you would expect. She said, "he is in a better place now & one day I will meet him there ". I would like to think that we will all meet our loved ones that have passed again in a better place.

Boolit Buddy
    My father in law passed away recently. He had congestive heart failure and was pretty miserable for the last few years. He was a brilliant machinist and gunsmith and taught me a lot about shooting competitively. He held more than one world's record in benchrest shooting but also loved bullet casting, especially for his schutzen rifles. Sometimes you just don't know how big a space a person fills in your heart till they are gone. Rest in peace, Stu.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast