Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A real name and State ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    JB, not looking to change anything. I was searching for a possible security reason, opinions why/ why not etc. trying to change some with the times but not as far as to do something like Facebook.
    And a few have pm'd with good examples.
    Thank you for the reasons. Good ones.
    Enjoy the day,
    Mike
    Sure Mike!

Just trying to help out.

Looks like you have had some pretty good answers today. Most all of them are pretty good, anyway.
    Should have been helpful to ya!

G'Luck!
    JB
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

I use MaryB on all forums I am on.

As far as accents etc I live in MN and have a hard time understanding people from the far north part of the state LOL Where I am in the SW everyone has a drawl and rides horses, we have 2 rodeos a year... redneck city where I live!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I use MaryB on all forums I am on.

As far as accents etc I live in MN and have a hard time understanding people from the far north part of the state LOL Where I am in the SW everyone has a drawl and rides horses, we have 2 rodeos a year... redneck city where I live!
    Thanks for the education. I reckon that I have not met anyone from your area before. All Minnesotans that I have met had that definite, unique accent.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Thanks for the education. I reckon that I have not met anyone from your area before. All Minnesotans that I have met had that definite, unique accent.
    i would estimate that about 70% or more of the state doesnt speak like that.

Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    Morning all. I've not made my coffee yet but here I go anyway.
    Is it just me or are there others on here that get a little irritated because most on here choose not to use their real names at the end of a post ? I guess most time it's not nessary but there are some posts that I feel it's only proper to do so. Is this just me old school ? In a PM is a great ex., but no name ?
    Another thing that's worse than that to me is the lack of showing what state you live in. Not even the city, just the state ? Now this is really bad when a seller has something and only want FTF, No shipping !, but you don't have a state listed in the ad or under your screen name and avatar. Or you ask a question of the members like what's a good lube to use for hot weather here ? But turns out you live way north and your reply comes from Death Valley or Ariz. where "Hot" has a different meaning. ( I use this as a bad ex. only thought in my mind at this hour)

Most on here knows almost all of the guys n gals but is it really a secret or am I missing something, unaware,lost in the New and Old ways ?

Just trying to understand, Thank you, Mike
    Mike:
    When you own a lot of machine guns you kind of like to keep a low profile. There are those that would be happy to find you and steal what you own.
    Giving your full name and where you live is not a good idea.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    Mike:
    When you own a lot of machine guns you kind of like to keep a low profile. There are those that would be happy to find you and steal what you own.
    Giving your full name and where you live is not a good idea.
    In the age of the internet I would keep a low profile even if I didn't own expensive toys. Too easy for someone to get their underoos in a knot and resort to anonymity to slander and harass.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel.mac View Post
    In the age of the internet I would keep a low profile even if I didn't own expensive toys. Too easy for someone to get their underoos in a knot and resort to anonymity to slander and harass.
    He's ok Mac, he didnt mension owning any bump stocks, just selector switches.

Mike

Boolit Master
    I used to not list my state becii thought it would be harder for some tyrant in the government to come looking for me when they banned guns in the future. Remember these posts will be around forever. Now I know better, they are able to come find us whenever they please wether we list our name, state, city, or address. Maybe it might slow down a mental defective but probably not.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

All they have to do is ping that phone in your pocket and they'll know exactly where you are.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

For some it may be some thing to do with their jobs. Alot of companys have people to search the web for any thing to do with their companys and try to scrub any thing thy do not like. If thy find stuff posted by employes that thy do not like it can come back on the employes. It has happened where I work, some one posted some thing about sensitivity training on FaceBook and got vist fome HR.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123