Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Truck gun

Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Moderator Emeritus

Laughing so hard my eyes are watering!

I can see the liberals having a total fit! Out here most people take the deer, call the sheriff for a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Mary I once freaked out a liberal tourist up here (we have lots of them) We were heading to camp one fall day a few years back and got about 5 miles out of town and saw a range rover pulled over on the side of the road and a deer laying in the road. The older couple were going nuts. the deer was thrashing and trying to get up but when they hit it they broke its back and the back end was paralyzed. I got out of the truck and asked what happened and they told me they hit the deer and it needed a vet fast. I walked calmly back to the truck and grabbed my glock 23 walked up to the deer and put a bullet in its head. They were about going nuts. But what really set them off was I pulled out my knife and cut the two hind quarters off the deer (the rest was shot) I even asked if they wanted one. they must have thought they ran into a scene from deliverance. even my wife was shaking my head at me. She knew the deer needed to be put down but was kind of shocked that I cut the hind quarters off right on the side of the road with other vehicles driving by. She eats venison all the time but told me I had to give those hind quarters to my dad on the way to camp because she didn't think she could eat it. I shook my head and told her that that was insane. Whats worse being humane and putting down a deer that's in pain or shooting one in a field that's just out there eating!! Id bet even today that yuppy and his wife tell there yuppy friends about the red neck hillbilly that murdered that deer.

Banned
    I have shot probably 5-8 coyotes a month during the winter and 3 or 4 groundhogs a month during the summer out of the truck for 40 years. Add to this a few road hit deer, wild dogs, crows, raccoons, a whole bunch of hedgeballs and ditch lions. Not a swat team member, only a person that lives in a rural area

Banned

were suppose to get a permit to take the meat too but they don't enforce it unless you are pinched for violating and try to claim it was road kill. Dnr would rather see the meat used and they and the local police would much rather I clean a deer of the road fresh then they having to do it after it starts to smell. I once hit a deer with my truck. I was on the side of the road starting to gut it and a state tropper pulled up to see what the problem was. He ended up helping me gut it and I even pealed out a back strap for him to take home for his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Laughing so hard my eyes are watering!

I can see the liberals having a total fit! Out here most people take the deer, call the sheriff for a permit.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Funny Some people don't get the concept of "wild animal"...

Truck Gun - Depends, in eastern WA I'd carry some sort of varmint rifle, otherwise the "usual" one's been the AR-7 (waterproof) and 1911 on me unless I'm feeling wheelgunnish then the SBH usually. Depends on what's around, if you see Coyotes you have to be able to handle 'em

Deliverance?I always thought they a bit "uptown".....just sayin.Squeal like a pig round here and you're gonna get shot,haha.

Don't have too many opportunities for potshots here in Denver, but I have a S&W model 10 heavy barrel in the truck for two legged varmints. That revolver can stay loaded with all the springs at rest until the second coming, it won't hurt a thing.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Man
    I like to keep the ole m1 carbine or my dpms lr10

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    AR-15 pistol with sb-15 brace in 300 BO. since it is a handgun I can keep it uncased and loaded.

Moderator Emeritus

For me, a "truck gun" is one I can access quickly and easily. That shouts "handgun" to me. The classic gun-in-the-glovebox is the easiest and in many ways best solutions, except for being more easily stolen. But that's what I do much of the time, despite the risk. For that, any 4" .357 or .45 or short .44 special is just dandy. A box or plastic bag of spare ammo is a good idea. You never know what you might encounter these days! Another good option for those who want a long gun is one of the 16 1/2" barreled .357 mag rifles. The mags hold a good number of rounds and the long rifle barrel really heats up the .357, to boot! Carried in a soft case in front of the seat (if not bucket seats), it conceals pretty well, and is handy if only you can open the door to get it out.

AR-15's can be used, too, but a 10 or 20 shot mag is much preferable to the 30's if you really want it concealed fairly well. Really, it kind'a like the Sgt. said in boot camp: "Smoke 'em if ya' got 'em." Knowing when to reach for them can be crucial in a real encounter, but that's something most folks give little thought to, really.

Mine is a Kimber ultra carry crimson trace, 45 acp in a Springfield holster in town and "baby" in the country. Baby is a 41 mag Henry Big boy steel.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234