RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2

Thread: Used Dillon 550 b price

Used Dillon 550 b price

I have the opportunity to buy a Dillon 550 for $350.0. Is this a fair price?
    Comes with one tool head and case indexer.
    Was set up for .45 acp. Can I use the indexer for 30-06? Also comes with the powder measure and priming outfit.
    I have been loading for about 30 years and have several other presses including a load master and Lyman t-mag. Always wanted a Dillon though. Your thoughts please....

Boolit Master
    80% of new is going rate.
    45 auto and 06' use the same shell plate, different powder funnel.
    All the other items mentioned come standard equipment with the 550B
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master

A new press costs $460. To compare the conversion kits here is an interactive chart: http://thegunwiki.com/apps/calconversion/

$350 seems like a fair price if it's in good condition.

Quick answers! Thanks guys

Boolit Master

agree, 80% of new price is about the going rate.

Dillon will be my Christmas present to myself

Boolit Man
    I just paid 300 for mine. In fact just got it back from Dillon. For 67.00 they rebuilt it including the powder measure and primer system. Lots of parts are now new. You can't beat a Dillon.

Boolit Master
    Just make sure the press is complete with all the parts they sold with new otherwise you will spent a lot of money for missing items. Dillon doesn't warranty lost or missing parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Just make sure the press is complete with all the parts they sold with new otherwise you will spent a lot of money for missing items. Dillon doesn't warranty lost or missing parts.
    With a refurb they will! I sent a rough one in, cake back like new with two brand new powder measures, three new tool heads and a two page list of things they replaced. BUT I didn’t get the locator buttons. An email later and they were on the way! I didn’t notice until much later that I didn’t get the large charge bar for either powder measure, but I’m not sure I’ll ever load rifle on it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Quote Originally Posted by mwhite49 View Post
    For 67.00 they rebuilt it including the powder measure and primer system. Lots of parts are now new. You can't beat a Dillon.
    Did the same thing recently. Everything new but the frame...and even that looked like it got a new coat of paint

Boolit Bub
    The shell plates are the same for any 12mm/.473" (.45 ACP/.308/.270 Win/.30-06/.25-06/.257 Roberts/7mm Mauser/8mm Mauser/.280 Rem/.300 Savage/.250-3000 Savage/.22-250 Rem or any of the other 263 cases with the same head size) case headed cartridge. So are the locator pins. You will need different powder funnels for each caliber of course.

Seems like a reasonable price to me. Unlike buying Lee, you will never regret buying a Dillon press.

Guess I did alright a couple of years ago when I bought a 550 for $50. New never used, I am the third owner, about $75 in missing parts lost by the prior two owners who never set up the machine and used it. Found it on craigslist. I was the first guy to call and I told him I'd take it sight unseen for $50. When I got there to pick it up he told me that he had several callers that were rude enough when they found that it had already be sold that they cussed him out for not selling it to them.
    Last edited by 15meter; 10-22-2017 at 11:30 AM.