Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: New one on me - anyone try this stuff?

New one on me - anyone try this stuff?

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master

My first reaction is snake oil. There were way to many cuts in the video. I'm very cynical when it comes to guns and anything labeled "nanotechnology".

Boolit Buddy

Looks like firelapping.
    Poor choice of ammo.

Vendor Sponsor

Walletx
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Does it come with a gilligan suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Snake oil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snake-Oil-Cures-All.jpeg 
Views:	561 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	206161

If it worked, they would sell it by the ton.
    And they dont so i rest my case.

Boolit Master
    i had a '62 plymouth fury ...stock with a 318 engine.

i also had a J.C.Whitney catalogue ...and after i listed all the accents, accessories, octane boosters, power enhancers and "performace improvers....

i discovered that my car now has 968 horse power and can do a 1/4 mile in 1.05 seconds!

impressive!...no?

Boolit Master
    I love them measuring "minute of angle" in multiple inches from 25 yds. It reminds me of Moly coating.

Boolit Master

B. S. all they are doing is cleaning the barrel. JB Bore paste will go the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Non-Embed.../dp/B0018L9UOW

And i know it works. I have used it for 50 years.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Buddy
    Ahhh, c'mon guys, let the newbies learn the hard way. Trial and error. Even I get caught up in the fervor at times. I was turned on to Ballistol awhile back, guy said it cleans like nothing you have EVER seen. Ya know what? He was RIGHT! But I don't need my gun room smelling like a kennel full of wet dogs, either. Then I decided it might be a good thing to lube the garage door track wheels. By golly, they cleaned right up and quit that squeaking! Then the garage smelled like wet Labs on opening day of duck season. The wife didn't care for that odor I'll tell ya. I now have a $8 can of stinky stuff sitting out in the shop somewhere. The only other odor that can linger like Ballistol is dead skunk.
    Last edited by BPCR Bill; 10-19-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin

"Hope" is not a strategy.

Life member NRA
    US Navy Retired
    NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol, Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Range Safety Officer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BPCR Bill View Post
    Ahhh, c'mon guys, let the newbies learn the hard way. Trial and error. Even I get caught up in the fervor at times. I was turned on to Ballistol awhile back, guy said it cleans like nothing you have EVER seen. Ya know what? He was RIGHT! But I don't need my gun room smelling like a kennel full of wet dogs, either. Then I decided it might be a good thing to lube the garage door track wheels. By golly, they cleaned right up and quit that squeaking! Then the garage smelled like wet Labs on opening day of duck season. The wife didn't care for that odor I'll tell ya. I now have a $8 can of stinky stuff sitting out in the shop somewhere. The only other odor that can linger like Ballistol is dead skunk.
    I always laugh when people complain about the smell. I was one of them. Now it doesn't even phase me. It works well enough for me to ignore the smell. Dispose of any rags soaked in it and the smell doesn't linger. Ballistol is not the best at anything. But it flat out works well.

Boolit Buddy
    IIRC shooters were putting grease on bullets to reduce cupronickel fowling. But too many were dipping the entire cartridge in the grease causing rifle failures, kabooms. So the use of grease was banned at the national matches sometime in the 20's. The ultimate solution was replacing cupronickel on the M1906 cartridge with gilding metal on M1 ball.

Boolit Grand Master

There were applicators made to apply the "grease to the bullet just before loading in the slow fire events. ( I think when this was done there weren't any rapid or timed fire) and they didn't allow the grease to get on the cases during application, and some used a small tin with the grease to a depth that didn't allow it on the cases, but due to loading and handling it would migrate. Another issue was the then new jacketed bullets and cases of the time pressure soldering together and the case neck staying with the neck thru the barrel. I have seen recipes for BPCR dips for the exposed portion or nose riding section of the bullet, These are a soft lube that you just roll the nose over before loading. Some used these to good success also. I believe the then the perfered grease was a mobile product.

I can see a lot of things going haywire here and causing issues. They say apply with a brush but it looks more like a in patched jag they are using. Either would be hard to get an even coating with. Or to keep it out of the chamber. The application on the bullet is heavy enough that its going to coat the neck and shoulder of the chamber if not all of it. Is it abrasive or is it building a layer of "varnish" to improve accuracy. It would be interesting to air gage a barrel before and after treating to see what the flow meter says.