Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rude Surprise

Boolit Master

Mary, I might be tempted to swipe your truck ! My "new" truck is a 1977 Dodge !
    Pulling the horn wire ain't that easy anymore - my wife's horn quit altogether and took me a day to find it, hidden behind a headlight assembly ! !@#NEW CARS...

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Pulling the horn wire ain't that easy anymore - my wife's horn quit altogether and took me a day to find it, hidden behind a headlight assembly ! !@#NEW CARS...
    I took my car in for an inspection....they told me I needed new brakes....I told them to just make the horn louder....

Moderator Emeritus

Box is rusted out and not safe to walk in, rockers are rusted off, one cab mount is about gone(I need to cut a block of wood to bolt under there..) trust me, my truck is no keeper LOL only has 150k miles on it though, engine will outlast the rest of it!

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post

Boolit Grand Master

After having the local Law to investigate ( 3 times), who was ringing my doorbell at 2-4 AM and disappearing, we discovered the bell button had become temperature sensitive and rang every time the temp dropped below 16*. The temp here rarely drops below 16 and during a cold snap, we had 3 nights in one week that met that criteria. It turns out we found it when the cops were standing on the porch when it rang for the last time. The shape of the curved thin copper switch drew more curved as it cooled and at below 16* the points made contact.
    Same effect as a car horn, just fewer folks irritated, but when it's you......
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Lol that's funny now but probably wasn't at the time. Last year I was driving my old 72 Chevy truck to work and some moron decided to cut me off. I laid on the horn and the contacts locked up so had to pull it over and pull the wires off the horns. That truck is a garage queen but I still get a chuckle out of that and my colorful vocabulary that morning.
    Keep moving forward!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12