Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Cat!!

Boolit Master
    We had a little black cat outdoors I nicknamed "lucky"....after a year or so she wasn't so lucky with the neighbors dogs. Broke my wifes heart at the time so i took her in and buried her in the flower bed. Sure was a friendly little thing but with my wife and kids allergies we'd never be able to keep them indoors and outside its just a matter of time before something gets them. Our neighbors finally got the message about keeping their dogs contained or on a leash....
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    We had a little black cat outdoors I nicknamed "lucky"....after a year or so she wasn't so lucky with the neighbors dogs. Broke my wifes heart at the time so i took her in and buried her in the flower bed. Sure was a friendly little thing but with my wife and kids allergies we'd never be able to keep them indoors and outside its just a matter of time before something gets them. Our neighbors finally got the message about keeping their dogs contained or on a leash....
    I believe if they'd been my neighbors, they'd have been burying some dogs. Can't understand people who want aggressive dogs. Could have just as easily been a small dog or a toddler as a cat. I like dogs, like them a lot and I sincerely believe it's in most of them's nature to be very friendly and playful, but if there was one around that had a demonstrated propensity to do stuff like that, I'd see it gone.

Boolit Master
    I have two.Morris and Snowball.Morris loves to watch videos here and on the two car sites that I go to.Snowball is pretty laid back.Morris loves spagetti and meat sauce and just about anything he can get his teeth around.Found out the other day he likes Brats and saurkarut.Sorry to hear about your kitty`s tail.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Buddy
    +1 on the dead dogs! I'm not necessarily a cat lover but I ain't a cat hater either. Just had to put down my big male Maincoon sire gonna miss that cat.

Moderator Emeritus

40 pounds of kitty love on that chair, note the lack of space for anything else! Yup they are big boys(neutered of course) Oliver(Ollie) the orange one is actually longer than Oreo(Tuxedo kitty) at just over 2' long head to butt! Both are very loving but Ollie is special, he is the most gentle and polite cat I have ever seen, and affectionate. He likes to give nose kisses then rub his head under my chin. Both are rescues.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Glowing red knife and a hammer .. all done no cost
    At $600.00 that was my first thought too.

BTW, I am very allergic to cat dander ( but not kittens for some reason), So I am a dog guy. Never really cared for cats myself, if nothing else for that reason.

Hope your cat turns out well for ya.

And Congrats! on the new Grand daughter!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

We live in the country....animals stay outside.Last cat we had became a play toy for a cpl coyotes.Tug of war.It was nasty....basically left it on our doorstep.He was an excellent mouser,and even though he wasn't that friendly,or that good of a pet,it did upset me the way he met his end.I'll kill the yotes one of these days.

Boolit Grand Master

The next door neighbor's boy got a kitten, he, the kitten, would slip through the fence and play with the cats that moved into our house and took over . A few months later the kid gets a Pit Bull dog... the kitty , T-Boy , decides he likes living at our house , the dog keeps trying to eat him ... One day T-Boy , who's now hanging around our house more and more , gets sick , looks like he's going to die and the kid has left town... I hate to see the thing suffer I was thinking about putting it out of it's misery but wife says " NO" , I wind up taking him to vet , ( the wife made me )...I end up spending $300.00 in vet bills on the stupid neighbors cat ....how bright is that?
    Cat's aren't stupid......we are the stupid ones !

The cat recovers , the neighbors boy moves away and T-Boy moves in with us and all the other free loaders we got and lives a long and happy, pit bull free , life before passing away of old age. I'm not sure if he was worth $300.00 ...but I didn't have to sleep on the sofa so I guess it was worth it.
    The boy came by to visit his Dad and we tell him the story....he says " I always wondered what happened to that cat . "
    Cats....they are something else !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 10-18-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

No one owns a cat. Cats decide on their own who is going to take care of them.

Boolit Master
    We love animals, 2 dogs, 4 cats, few chickens all outside pets. They all play together and love each other.

Little humor here if y'all remember Harry Chapin and his song Cats in the cradle.

https://youtu.be/Sd7MOYYoaoA

Mike

Boolit Bub
    Got my first cat ever a little over a year ago, a rescue from the feral life. Little thing, took us awhile to get comfortable with one another, but she's my buddy now. Sure goes a long way towards making a house a home.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    We love animals, 2 dogs, 4 cats, few chickens all outside pets. They all play together and love each other.

Little humor here if y'all remember Harry Chapin and his song Cats in the cradle.

https://youtu.be/Sd7MOYYoaoA

Mike
    The Cat's in the Cradle is more about how your children turn out like you. In my case, the cat came home to roost. I was on the road a lot when my children were growing up, trying to make more money to take care of them better. Now, one is up near Chicago, one in Seattle, two in Colorado Springs, a granddaughter in Wisconsin, and I'm growing old in New Mexico.

Boolit Master

I was walking home one night about 6 years ago. Had a lanyard hanging out of my pocket. This fanged creaton was stalking me unbeknown to me. As I hit the stairs to my apartments, I was ambushed by a .5 pound fanged and sharp toothed shadow that was out for blood. As it pounced for the lanyard it missed, landing claws out into my calf. It decided it wasn't giving up and it wanted the dangling treat. it climbed my leg and furiously attacked the dangling lanyard. After I screamed and hollard I then jumped in surprise, which then dislodge the sharp tooth monster. As it fell it took with it my keys, its prized catch. Then I had to chase down the little monster because it had my keys. After retrieving the vile villain it decided to give me cute eyes and pur. At that point I knew it was destiny for our love hate relationship. I love her and she hates me. For 3 months when the wife would leave for work, I would let the little buggar in and feed it then go to bed and it was sleep with me. One day I forgot to let the mistress out and my wife comes home while I was at work. She looses her mind as she catches my new mistress in our bed, on her side, peacefully sleeping. That's the story of how I got my cat Mou mou. Little jerk hasn't left the house since. She refuses to walk outside and still loves to pounce on dangling things. She has since developed champagne taste on my beer budget. She is my spirit animal.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Moderator Emeritus

Pets pick us many times. Misty my first black lab picked me. Her litter mates were all hiding behind mom making a fuss but Misty came waddling over, looked up at me, squatted and peed on my foot to mark me as her human... She stole that shoe and slept with it until she died from cancer. I buried it with her along with her favorite toys.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    My three dogs are my best friends. They will always come check on me where ever I am at. I can say for a fact I would spend every cent I have and all I could borrow on any of them. They really are part of the family

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I think I'll always remember our 135# dog (Leonberger/GSD mix) playing "Chase me, chase you!" with the GF's 6# cat... They were having a blast, the size disparity made it hilarious to us It's always sad when a fur-kid gets hurt.

Boolit Master
    As much as i love my 2 cats my old gray one fried my laptop this weekend when she decided to hack up a hairball on me when I was tailing a drink, so I jumped and half a glass if soda need up on the laptop

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    I think I'll always remember our 135# dog (Leonberger/GSD mix) playing "Chase me, chase you!" with the GF's 6# cat... They were having a blast, the size disparity made it hilarious to us It's always sad when a fur-kid gets hurt.
    Seems to me most dogs are Ok with cats. A few actually enjoy the cats company, but most seem pretty indifferent to them.

My son got out of the service recently and is back home along with his medium sized mutt, Bear. Bear has to be one of the best dogs I ever knew, playful, loveably goofy, loves everybody but is so obedient you can basically take him anywhere, no leash required. He comes over now and then and the cats seem OK with him, though are a bit intimidated since he is so much bigger and more active than our ancient Shih Tzu. For the most part, the cats may as well not even be there for Bear, he just seems completely indifferent. This is why it bothers me that people would have a dog that would kill one, especially in city limits.

Boolit Grand Master
    The last two dogs I had, were raised around cats. Sometimes the cats would join them in the dog box, to sleep. My half-Siamese tom cat would rub on them (one was OK with it, the other, not so much) and sleep in the dog pen, around them.

After my two dogs passed away, my tom cat was devastated. Meowes all the time and wants to be paid attention to constantly(or fed!). Total opposite of what he was. He really misses my dogs. The other cats, you would think I never had a dog, but that big tough tom has changed!!

Cats don't have owners..they have staff..and we are guilty....3 indoor cats..all adoptions[....all about 12-14 neutered males....2 of them near 20# each and one little old guy that just weighs about 10#...and then there is "Igor"..Igor is "special"...we keep him all trimmed up so nobody comes into our house.

"Big Mac"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0231.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	206461

"Junior"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0163.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	206462