Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Cat!!

Boolit Grand Master

Stupid Cat!!

Wife called me today and said she "broke the cat". Huh, say again!! She "broke the cat". Over at Daughters house helping with my new Granddaughter and was outside, bringing in groceries. Screen door was closing and cat, who had been hiding in the flower bed, decided to come inside.

Too bad he didn't get all of himself inside as door closed all the way with a few inches of tail sticking outside. Needless to say, his tail lost most of the skin on the end. Had to take him to the vet to get few inches of tail removed. Cat will have a cone collar. He is going to be a pain. With a new baby, its going to be stressful to say the least. There went $600!!!!!

Stupid Cat

Its amazing what we will spend on something that probably was free!! I hate to hear it for you, but am glad it was your cat instead of mine!!
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master

Stupid Cat!!

Ouch... $600??? That’s wild.

My parents have a cat that has probably been slammed in the door every day of its life. Dumb thing just doesn’t learn and insists on darting in at the last second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Banned

We love cats and have three now. Never had one get hurt in a door, but our youngest (and dumbest) one will always dart in a closet or other place that is normally closed when you open it. We just shut the door when we're through and let the realization sink in that she's alone in the dark and confined. After a little while she will begin to cry to be let out and is glad to be released. But she NEVER learns and always does it again when that door is open again. I think it must be a game to her, though she clearly isn't as smart as the other two in much of anything.

Glad your kitty is gonna be OK. I passed a half grown black cat killed in the street this morning on my way to work and it broke my heart.

Moderator Emeritus

My 2 cats are indoor only, neither has any idea what the outdoors is...

Boolit Master
    My coonhound tried to play with one of my cats and ended up with a scratched cornea, $750.00 later it's healed, in total my free dog has cost me over 1500.00 in the last 3 months

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I miss my cats...but my aim is improving.
    My last few have been "feral conversions" but don't last long with the coyotes and dogs around here. They were all excellent mousers, wish I had one now with winter coming on. I have one that passes thru now and then but I seldom see it. Last one I took to the vet clawed me up pretty good when I caught him for his vet visit and died a few weeks after getting fixed and vaccinated, major bummer. Good personality, his tough & mean brother lasted a year or two but the neighbor's dogs finally got him. Sure miss him.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    lost my one cat two weeks ago. I have the stove burning to night. got three of them around it right now.

Boolit Master
    I love cats! We have 4 family kitties that are all indoor cats. They stay at my parents house, I rent and can't have animals but I visit often and get to see them. I like dogs too and well most animals really but I identify as a cat person! Not at all ashamed either! Glad your kitty is going to be okay!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Banned

Our three are indoor only. Two are fairly young, the ten year old one is our baby and snuggles down to sleep all night between us.

We had a big, friendly tomcat show up and hung out off and on for almost two years. Loved him to death and probably should have had him fixed and declawed and brought indoors, but he'd have hated it. Gotta get them conditioned to it when they're kittens. He didn't show up about six months ago and haven't seen him since. I miss him.

Boolit Master
    friend of mine has two little girls and a cat. One day he noticed that hair was dropping from the cats tail about 6 inches from the tip, so a trip to the vet and some nasty news, the girls had been styling the cats hair and lost a rubber band in the hair, needles to say it effectively stopped circulation and the tip died. The vet just laughed and snipped it off said happens all the time with little kids cats and tails, said it is virtualy painless to the animal, apparently its quite common to castrate in this manner. No charge.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Wife called me today and said she "broke the cat". Huh, say again!! She "broke the cat". Over at Daughters house helping with my new Granddaughter and was outside, bringing in groceries. Screen door was closing and cat, who had been hiding in the flower bed, decided to come inside.

Too bad he didn't get all of himself inside as door closed all the way with a few inches of tail sticking outside. Needless to say, his tail lost most of the skin on the end. Had to take him to the vet to get few inches of tail removed. Cat will have a cone collar. He is going to be a pain. With a new baby, its going to be stressful to say the least. There went $600!!!!!

Stupid Cat
    Poor Kitty, That hurts just thinking about it. So does the $600! My Free Kitty is 12 or 13 and has never been outside. And does not want to be. We spent $600 or $700 on a bladder infection a few years ago! She does like to sneak into any closets that are usually closed off and is pretty content to spend the day in it sleeping. She spends lots of time alternating sitting in our laps when we are home and often sleeps with us. It hurts me too, to see one run over in the street.

I love cats. They taste like chicken
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yeah, that $600 bill kind of took my breath away. Its Denver and nothing is cheap there. Guess the cat kind of "de-gloved" the end of the tail. Wife said you could see bone.

At least the Daughter didn't do it, she would have been a basket case if she hurt her first "fur baby"!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    My 2 cats are indoor only, neither has any idea what the outdoors is...
    We had a brother and sister from the shelter for over 13 years. Always indoor kitties, dog pushed a door open that wasn't fully closed and kitty got out, door was closed, later cat was discovered missing. Frantic search for cat found her huddled against the wall in a corner of the porch by the front door. She was NOT interested in going for a stroll and had relocated to the place most likely to get her back inside.

Her brother was the one the grandchildren were referring to when they asked "is that one the mean kitty?" The vet could tell them apart, that is for sure. But both could be most affectionate, one just insisted on it being on his terms. Mean kitty played with mice, never really figured out a kill technique. Nice kitty hooked them with her claws and broke their little necks with her teeth.

Miss them both but won't have cats again, too destructive if kept inside and I won't let them roam for their own safety, and won't de-claw a cat so that means just dogs, which I also won't let run loose. Come to think of it our schnauzer is better mouser than at least one of those two cats.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

We had ours "fixed" at a young age and de-clawed. She has shown no interest in going outside. If we leave a door open she will peek outside all fraidy looking and turn tail for inside. We like it that way! She has been zero problems in the house except that She likes to chew on box tops and paper back books. Yeah, She has me wrapped around her little paws!

Boolit Master

My Mom recently asked why I didn't have a dog or cat for the kids....I told her Vet bills are more expensive than the pediatrician. I can't justify it.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

When growing up, little kittens would try to slip into the house at times. That old spring closing screen door broke the necks on probably three each summer. It was difficult watching them squirming their last, and it was my job to get rid of them. Dumb cats. And, I like cats.

Vendor Sponsor

Glowing red knife and a hammer .. all done no cost
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Had a girlfriend once that got a little black kitten.
    Stupid thing never did figure out- fire bad.
    Would play with candles, batting them from one side until it felt the flame, shake it's paw, lick it and then walk to the other side and try again.
    Wouldn't stop until you blew out the candle.
    Needless to say, no more candles.

We now have 2 black cats. My daughter really wanted one, and a stray outside adopted her.
    She came in the house to tell me the cat was out one day.
    Went outside, didn't see the cat. My daughter started calling it, silly thing showed up from no where and started playing and chasing my daughter around like a dog.
    Never seen anything like it, both of them running back and forth along the dry Creek bed.
    Needless to say we fed her and brought her inside.
    A few days later I was at home my mom and daughter got back from the vet, from having the cat spayed.
    The look on my mom's face told me something was up.
    She said surprise, you have 2 cats.
    Shadow was pregnant, full term with 1 kitten, another full black.
    Turned out to be one of the best surprises ever.
    Most people cannot tell the two of them apart, even I have trouble at times, but my daughter never has any problems.
    Two of the friendlies cats I have ever had, at least with us, and best friends with each other.

My daughter had been begging for a pet for a long time, almost adopted one once.
    I told her if it was meant to be the right one will just fall into your life.
    And it did.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast