RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

—Hebrews 13:5

I remember one of the first times as a young believer when I didn’t feel God’s presence. I woke up one morning and just didn’t have the great feeling I had before. And being new in the faith and not knowing the Bible very well, I thought, “I think God left me last night. What happened?”

When I talked to a Christian friend about it, he told me, “You’re going through a trial.”

“What? I’m on trial?”

“No, you’re going through a trial.”

“What’s a trial?”

My friend explained there are times in our lives when we don’t feel the presence of God, but He is still there. And in time I came to realize that God will allow us to go through trials.

For instance, you might walk outside tomorrow, and it’s an overcast day. So you say, “The sun was here yesterday. But I don’t see the sun today. I don't feel its warmth. I guess the sun must have gone away last night.”

No, the sun hasn’t gone away. It has been merely obscured by a cloud covering. And if you don’t believe that, then try going to the beach without wearing any sunscreen. When you return home resembling a ripe tomato, you will realize the sun was out.

In the same way, some people falsely conclude that when they don’t feel God, He is gone. He has disappeared. But He is there, even when you don’t feel Him. The Bible tells us in Hebrews, “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’ ” (Hebrews 13:5).

It is during these times that we must walk by faith, not by feeling, because God has promised in His Word that He will be with us. That is how we know He is there.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Amen to this lesson - and thank you for posting it this morning
    Being human is not for sissies.

Moderator Emeritus

Ronnie, I am betting on it...even though most if not all of us have given Him reason to right us off.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Trial ? Yes sir ....there will be trial because we are promised it . Trial is to strengthen , our Lord told us we would be tested . Being tested could be anything in your life and we may fail . But failure gives knowledge , failure gives wisdom . Failure helps us . At the time it is a downer BUT....in the long haul 'if' you learn it , if you use it your salvation draws ever nearer .

We believe in a merciful GOD and he wants us to succeed .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen, Yes Sir a great lesson.

In the last 3 years since the Lord called me. I can remember a few times when I no longer felt his presence. When I no longer felt his peace like a river flowing through and over me.

Every time as soon as I had a few minutes I humbled my self. Went to me knees.
    And asked "What have I done wrong Lord? What have I left undone? Where did I make a mistake?

I always got an answer. And fixed it, and felt it all come back.

Now it may be that I will have trials to go through, where I won't feel him.

But I know he will be there, beside me. I have faith.

Lord I know I am a screwup. You know well you could just about name the subject and I've screwed it up beyond recognition. You also know I am trying to do better. You have been encouraging me when I do manage to do better. There may come a day when you do not need to watch me as closely as you do now. And I accept that.
    Thank you for the never ending abundance of blessings you have rained upon my life.
    I do not deserve them, no not even one. But I thank you for them. Praise him with great praise. To God be the glory, for ever and ever amen.