Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Mold for 416 Rigby

Mold for 416 Rigby

Started loading for the 416 using Noe's 418 dia boolit. Shot great, won't feed from the magazine with that great big flat nose. Any 416 molds out there with a round nose?

Mauser action really needs to feed from the magazine.

Looking for a light(ish) boolit for plinking.

Accurate smallest meplat is .180, would that feed?

What are other people using for molds?

Help!!!!

what size, and percentage of diameter are your meplats?
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

In Remembrance

Check out middle of page 10 on the Accurate molds page. I have and use the 41 - 330C and the 41 - 400P molds as well as an RCBS 350 convertable H.P. mold and another custom made 395 gr. P.P. mold in my .416 Taylor. You can call Accurate and talk with the boss about any changes to his designs you may want.Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Check out middle of page 10 on the Accurate molds page. I have and use the 41 - 330C and the 41 - 400P molds as well as an RCBS 350 convertable H.P. mold and another custom made 395 gr. P.P. mold in my .416 Taylor. You can call Accurate and talk with the boss about any changes to his designs you may want.Robert
    What rifle are you using? The 330c looks very close to the bullet I have that doesn't want to feed from the magazine.

wish, I could help, but every gun is different, I do know that some polishing/shaping to the feed ramp can be done by gunsmiths and competent people, I would be afraid to do it myself, but im not good at small work (Tremors) I would look those modifications up, check on the gunsmithing forum too, there should be someone there that can help you more than I can, good luck! oh, have you played with changing the overall length of your cartidges yet?
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    What rifle are you using? The 330c looks very close to the bullet I have that doesn't want to feed from the magazine.

Perhaps the 41 - 340JG is what you may be looking for for easier feeding with a smaller mep plat. I have a new model controled feed (Mauser style extractor) Winchester Model 70 that was formerly a .300 Win. Mag. rifle, this rifle is actually a fun gun to shoot cast thru - jacketed loads it tells you that you just fired a `J` load.Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    wish, I could help, but every gun is different, I do know that some polishing/shaping to the feed ramp can be done by gunsmiths and competent people, I would be afraid to do it myself, but im not good at small work (Tremors) I would look those modifications up, check on the gunsmithing forum too, there should be someone there that can help you more than I can, good luck! oh, have you played with changing the overall length of your cartidges yet?
    Afraid I am not going to mess with the feed ramp, this is a buddies VERY high end custom rifle. It would probably annoy him if I took the Dremel to the feed ramp!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	416 rigby.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	206063

Maybe too far out already, having some that are not chambering with a bullet seated, I think it is such a blunt design that it already has to be seated fairly deep.

This thing feeds like a dream with jacketed, with a long taper.