RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Wtb wtt, one lonely screw for a remington 41p

Wtb wtt, one lonely screw for a remington 41p

Hey all,

I finally got around to getting this little Remington 41p back to its former woodchuck hunting glory. This was my grandfather's and from my youngest memory it sat on the bench of the barn behind the drill press. Its in excellent shape! I had to go on a bit of a wild goose chase to find all the old peep sight parts but I have them all....except one SCREW. This little screw that holds the other side of the windage plate down. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have this little screw? I tried the normal old stock channels but to no avail. To my knowledge this screw should fit a 41p, 341p, 510p, 511p. I know this is a long shot but maybe someone has one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rAlRIoh.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	205734
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Perhaps someone with a gunsmith's screw assortment could send you a half dozen to try out?

Arclight

Quote Originally Posted by paraord View Post
    Hey all,

I finally got around to getting this little Remington 41p back to its former woodchuck hunting glory. This was my grandfather's and from my youngest memory it sat on the bench of the barn behind the drill press. Its in excellent shape! I had to go on a bit of a wild goose chase to find all the old peep sight parts but I have them all....except one SCREW. This little screw that holds the other side of the windage plate down. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have this little screw? I tried the normal old stock channels but to no avail. To my knowledge this screw should fit a 41p, 341p, 510p, 511p. I know this is a long shot but maybe someone has one.

Name:	rAlRIoh.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	205734

I know what screw you mean, but don't know size, don't have one to check. I got a cigar box full
    of sight Misc. May have one or same size/ thread off something else.

Didn't even know they sold those Arclight. Well if anyone has one that fits the bill here's the measurements I just took with my calipers.

Thread depth is .108", thread width is .057", total screw length including the head is .158".as you can see it's a tiny little bugger.

Name:	UfQamjg.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	205748

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I know what screw you mean, but don't know size, don't have one to check. I got a cigar box full
    of sight Misc. May have one or same size/ thread off something else.
    Let me know! Thanks for checking. Hopefully those measurements I just took will help narrow the search. Also I have a second rear sight frame so I could cut down a longer screw if need be.
    Last edited by paraord; 10-12-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paraord View Post
    Didn't even know they sold those Arclight. Well if anyone has one that fits the bill here's the measurements I just took with my calipers.

Thread depth is .108", thread width is .057", total screw length including the head is .158".as you can see it's a tiny little bugger.

Name:	UfQamjg.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	205748
    Are you sure the thread depth is .108 and .057 wd? Probably .0108 and .0057 wd. What is the outside diameter of the threaded shaft?

Old Joe Clark, I meant the outside diameter of the threaded shaft is .057" and the length of the threaded portion is .108". Maybe these pictures will clear up any confusion

Boolit Bub
    Is this perhaps a 0-80 unf screw? I have some of those, but the head is only .0835 inch diameter. Way smaller than your head diameter. https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...-394-1776.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by cjensen View Post
    Is this perhaps a 0-80 unf screw? I have some of those, but the head is only .0835 inch diameter. Way smaller than your head diameter. https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...-394-1776.aspx
    I think you are right on the money there cjensen. I looked at my drill/tap chart and a 0-80 takes a pilot hole using a 3/64 drill bit=.0469 so I think that makes sense with a .057 screw width. So now its time to find a couple 0-80 screws.

I thought finding an 0-80 would have been harder than it was. After knowing what I needed a quick call to a hardware distributor got me a little packet of them. 1/2 inch and 1/8 inch lengths. Thanks guys for helping me identify it and checking around!

Boolit Master
    Some Ace hardware stores have very good selections of odd-size screws. If there's one near you it might be worth a try.

I have it along with a handful of extras. If anyone needs n 0-80 screw drop me a line!