Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMC 7.62x51 M80 ball

Boolit Buddy
    I believe that PMC currently stands for the company's motto of "Precision Made Cartridges". It has stood for several things in the past.
    Last edited by rwadley; 06-08-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Banned
    I know those bi-metal cartridges are no harder on my M1 than any other, shot high power with that rifle for over 6 years and the erosion on the muzzle wasn't any worse for wear than my buddy who shot only nosler in his rifle.

Boolit Master

Poongsan Metal Corporation .

My 80's vintage military style 30/06 worked and reloaded fine, but the temper of the brass required changing the crimp die versus everything else.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master

I have found that .308 PMC brass requires neck annealing after 1 or 2 reloads. Gets so the neck expander is difficult to pull out of the neck after the down stroke, one can lube inside the neck; but the neck splits soon. I get 10 to 20 reloads on the PMC brass if I anneal the mouths.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 06-12-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Concerning the PMC name; I had always thought it was "Pan Metal Corporation". According to the article below; Pan Metal Corporation was one of the PMC names:

https://afte.org/laravel.php/gallery/index/323

PMC

Eldorado Cartridge Corporation

Eldorado Cartridge Corporation
    P.O. Box 62508
    Boulder City, NV 89006-2508
    (800) 456-9182 (Voice), (702) 294-0121 (Fax)

Sales Department
    sales@pmcammo.com
    For questions about the location of your nearest PMC dealer, becoming a PMC dealer or distributor, or Law Enforcement or Government Agency sales.

Marketing Department
    marketing@pmcammo.com
    For questions about PMC advertising or public relations, or general information about PMC products.

Customer Service
    customerservice@pmcammo.com

Ballistics
    ballistics@pmcammo.com
    For questions about the ballistic properties of PMC Ammunition.

PMC Website

From Website:

The original parent company, a U.S. corporation registered in Delaware, was founded in the late 1970's in New York as Patton Morgan Corporation. It began operations by importing military style small arms ammunition and .22 rimfire ammunition manufactured in South Korea. The ammunition was sold then, as it still is, under the registered brand name "PMC Ammunition", and the original slogan, "Precision Made Cartridges" has never changed.

Several years later, the company moved to Los Angeles, California, and its name was changed to Pan Metal Corporation. In addition to its ammunition business, the company also dealt in other facets of the metals business. Early in the 1980's, the increasingly successful ammunition line was expanded to include hunting (soft point) cartridges in the rifle calibers, and hollow points in the handgun ammunition.

In 1988, factory facilities were purchased near Boulder City, Nevada, for the production of ammunition to supplement the Korean imports, and for the purpose of producing two new lines of high performance cartridges. These were the Starfire handgun ammunition for law enforcement and home and personal defense, and X-Bullet rifle ammunition for big game hunting, which were introduced to the market in late 1991. In 1996, shotgun shells were added to the line.

The factory is operated under the name Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, and is a subsidiary of Pan Metal Corporation.

Today, the company's continuously expanding small arms ammunition product selection includes a full line of centerfire rifle and pistol ammunition, rimfire ammunition, shotgun shells, and reloading components. Recently, a new company known as B.C. Outdoors was incorporated and became a part of the "Eldorado Cartridge Corporation Group of Companies." B.C. Outdoors imports the Verona line of quality superposed shotguns from Italy. The company's stated purpose, like that of Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, is "to provide high quality outdoor products to its customers at a reasonable price."

During its more than two decades of ammunition production and sales, PMC Ammunition has become very well known in the United States and other countries of the world as a source of high quality small arms cartridges. The firm is now considered the fourth largest ammunition company in the United States.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12