Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Our fall shoot

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Our fall shoot

Part 1 & 2.

A fun shoot, although a bit cold. We did have a truck drive off the side of the narrow bridge to the site, that took some team effort to get back on the road again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSkduzzpqiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zF9abIR2M
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

that's the first time I ever seen it take longer to knock down the rotating plates than it took to set them up.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Great videos waksupi! Sure looks like a good group and a lot of fun - and that's what it is all about. There is just something very special about being able to shoot with a good bunch of people, smell the smoke, drink coffee over a fire and just "live the life"! Thanks for sharing! It brings back a lot of memories of the fellows I used to shoot with.

Looks like a bunch of ole guys having a fun day at the range enjoying a little competition. I noticed a few southpaws in the vids with pans on each side of the barrel. Ahhh, now I know why you go with such a big cal boooolit, you get more boooolit around you sight axis to clip more bulleyes. Cheetos are getting to be a pretty small target, but the apples only one shot. Maybe since being in Ideeeho you should use potatoes for the cool effects on the hit.

Ooops, my cortex just don't work the way it use to even when the words are in front of my face. Mountanian, I sit corrected. Montana does grow potatoes though. The grains would make for pretty small targets with bifocals. I would probably like the sugar beet size targets. I don't know if you could get a quaint drinking village to shoot hops.
    Last edited by OnHoPr; 10-16-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    May you hands be warmed on a frosty day.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the fun watching these guys keeping our traditions alive. God's blessings on you.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Sure have missed the voos in my area the last couple of years, looks like fun was had by all.

Thanks for the show.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Enjoyed it ! Thanks for putting it up .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

"My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Banned

Ric is sure welcome in Idaho.
    but he'd have to drive down from Montana to get here.

Boolit Master
    I enjoyed that very much and as has been said, it brought back lots of memories. I shot muzzle loaders in competition for thirty years but never with flint lock. I still have a .45 caliber that is a great shooter. The last time I shot it I fired a five shot group off the bench and got a group you can cover with a quarter. Attached is a picture of the target. The shot to the right of the group was the first shot of the day. By the way, that is a beautiful place you have to shoot.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 10-17-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Great show, looked like a blast!
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Man
    Very nice Thanks for posting.