Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on handles

Ebay advertisers claim that the cheap Lee 6-cavity handles will fit the RCBS double cavity mold but I have no experience with this. Worth checking out.

Boolit Bub
    The Lee handles fit my RCBS 2 cavity and both 1 and 2 cavity Lyman molds. They are not made of "pot metal" and I prefer them over my Lyman handles.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    It is not a stupid question. Have quite a few different handles because when starting I figured I needed a handle for every mold. Imagine how dumb I felt when they arrived and realized they were interchangeable . we all have our moment's. I will say my absolute favorite is an old Lyman single cavity handle. For the life of me I can not get used to the Lee 6 cavity handles. Hand really starts to hurt after a hundred or so bullets. Anyway good luck and happy casting. And never worry about asking a question only way to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Mate View Post
    Ok so yep I am new to casting bullets but here is stupid question # 1

are different Manufactures brand handles interchangeable with different manufactures molds and is there a difference between 2 cavity mold handles to say six cavity mold handles and what are the best. I am looking for handles for an RCBS mold 35-200
    Not a stupid question at all. I appreciate your modesty though.

Folks have answered this so I will only add that to be careful. Lately my Lee wooden handles have started to slip off on the 6 cavity mold (4 cavity ACCURATE) that I run. It is not cool to see that. I am going to drill a small hole and put in either a roll pin or nail or screw, maybe even small bolt, but I do not care to have handles that slide off the metal partial tangs. Something to keep an eye on.

Boolit Grand Master

I try to match the handle to the mold brand. I have been tempted to try the Lee handles at 1/3 the cost of RCBS handles, but the mixed reviews have kept me away from them. I have had a few sets of RCBS handles that I had to pin, so that's not just a Lee problem. With either brand, it's an easy fix.

It's nice to have a set of handles for each mold, even though switching them is easy.

Boolit Master
    Over the last couple years I have accumulated a variety of molds from saeco, RCBS ,noe , arsenal , M P and Lyman at first I purchased the handles for the brand of the molds to be used on ,but now I put lee 6 cavity handles on all of them .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12