Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: Marlin 375W

Marlin 375W

I have a true JM stamped Marlin in 375 Winchester.
    It has not been shot very much and I am looking to sell it and 8 boxes of ammo and brass.
    The Rifle has a skinner peep sight on it.
    The wood stock shows some use but nothing bad. Rifle is in what I would call good hunting shape.
    What would be a fair price for this gun?
    Thanks
    Gerald

Boolit Grand Master

Hard to tell. I see NIB going $750-$1,000 which is a big range. Used in hunting shape maybe $5-600? I saw one used at The Green Top in Richmond, VA 3yrs ago I think it was for about $600 and it was as new. The ammo will increase the value, the brass probably not much and you would do better to sell the loose brass outright on this or another sight I think.

Me? I'd like one and would go in the range I said ($500-$600) especially with the ammo but no more. Someone that had to have one would go more of course. Check a few auction sights and see what people are paying for them not what the seller is asking.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I was just watching a couple that sold on two different auction sites. Both went for around $600, plus shipping and transfer fees. No skinners and no ammo. YMMV

Boolit Grand Master

Marlin 375W

Sell it all separately. The rifle should sell for around $500-$600. The ammo and brass will bring market value, which is high. Skinners aren't cheap but you will most likely lose half the value. I love them and have them on all my Marlins but I wouldn't pay top dollar for a used one when they're still being produced.

Banned

boat paddle type marlin rifles in 375 are going for 6-650$, a nice one will fetch 7-750$ easily.
    the win BB's in 375 will fetch the same 7-750$ if in good shape.

they didn't make that many of the 375 marlins, and they probably ain't making any more.

If it is in good shape, It will bring 650-700..Ammo is around $50 per box.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I took the rifle out this last weekend and had a great time rolling a large hog.
    That rifle is dead on.
    Thanks again
    Gerald

Might want to wander over to Marlinowners and seek some feedback.

Boolit Buddy
    I saw one at a local gunshop a few months back. It was priced at $600. It was sold with in a week or so.

Gerald, glad you kept it, and I wish you many more happy and successful hunts with it. JW

The 375 win is a great round and the Marlin 375 is a must have for any lever gun fanatic.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've seen two in the last 5 years, one went for 550 but was a little rough externally and had a cheapie scope, the other was pristine and offered for 950. I regret not buying the former, but it sold faster than I could save up my "allowance."
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    HEHEHEHEH,
    I picked up/"stole" a JM Marlin 336 CB several years ago for $375, with marbles tang sight and Lyman 17A front globe.
    Shoots very well with my cast loads.
    beltfed/arnie

Boolit Master
    When selling set a outrageous price. Let the buyer bring the price down a little at a time untill he's happy with the price and willing to pay. Most occasions you'll end up with more money than anticipated. 375 in a lever are a popular item with those crazy bear hunting fellers. If in decent shape I suspect you can retrieve better than a 1000.00 ($) in its sale.

Can I offer you a trade for a hardly used Kidney?

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I tried to sell a like new Marlin .44 magnum that used the 336 action at that marlin site , they just yawned and ignored it . You may have better luck with your .375 I'm sure it has a larger following .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    I tried to sell a like new Marlin .44 magnum that used the 336 action at that marlin site , they just yawned and ignored it . You may have better luck with your .375 I'm sure it has a larger following .

Jack
    The 336 44 Mag is not a popular item in a Marlin as most prefer it in a 94. Also the 44 is very available. There are certain Marlin people that are very interested in the 375 and I think that that site would be a very good place to also go to. Many are buying junker 336's and sending them to JES for a rebore to his 38-55 versions. You have to have so many postings to be allowed to post it for sale but some kind of indirectly get around that. You may also like the site. I frequent both and enjoy both.

DEP

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    You're right , collectors can be a funny lot . Since it wasn't unfired/unhandled in the box it probably didn't raise an eyebrow .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    FYI, two 375's in good hunting condition sold at my local shop for $400.00 each last year. The .307/.356/.375 have never had much of a following around here which probably kept the price down. I would have bought one of them but already had a gun in layaway jail at the time!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.