Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: Jalapeno jelly

Moderator Emeritus

Jalapeno jelly

I made some pepper jelly today. 1 lb Jalpenos and 1 green pepper, I used Anaheim as that was what we had. Process to fine in a blender or food processor, mix with 2 cups Cider Vinegar, 6 cups sugar and bring to a boil then low heat for 10 minutes in a large pan. Add 1 packet liquid pectin or the equivalent of dry then boil another minute. Process for 10 minutes boiling in a hot water bath. Yield is almost 7 pints.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

We do basically the same jelly recipe.....but now we also all cranberries to the mix and what a great jelly and/or glaze for pork and chicken....thanks for the post...Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I will stand up for Paul's jalapeno/cranberry jelly . He brought us some last year on a visit and it's dang good !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Seeds and all? Strain the mixture at some point?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Buddy
    That should give a nice jolt to your morning toast.

Moderator Emeritus

I add enough seeds and pith to adjust it to my taste. I kept some seeds and pith in a bowl and tasted as it was cooking. I added a little more before adding pectin.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Cranberry - Pepper Jelly...Now that sounds like an idea that needs trying.
    I have three jalapeno plants that I'm picking from, slicing and freezing for a cool fall pepper jelly making day ( 90 degrees yesterday) and the cranberry pepper jelly sounds tasty.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

Here is my recipe for jalapeno/cranberry jelly....enjoy!

Ingredients:
    • 4 cups whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
    • 2 – 3 red and/or green bell peppers
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1 orange, zested and juiced
    • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    • 2-3 jalapeņos, de-seeded and chopped (or leave some of the seeds in if you prefer a spicier jam)
    • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
    • 2 cups granulated sugar
    Directions:
    1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large sauce pan. Bring to a gentle boil and continue boiling until the cranberry skins burst. Crush the fruits with a potato masher until uniform in texture. Boil hard for one minute longer or until the mixture thickens.
    2. Prepare your canning supplies. Bring the temperature of the glass jars up by processing them in hot water for several minutes, and heat a few cups of water in a small saucepan for the lids.
    3. Skim off any foam and ladle the hot jam into the hot jars, leaving 1/4″ headspace.
    4. Place the lids and bands on top, screwing on the bands just until fingertip-tight. Place the full jars back into the boiling water and process 10 minutes.
    5. Remove from the water and place the jars on a towel. Let the jars cool. The seals should suck down (you should hear a popping noise as they do). Makes 6 eight-ounce jars.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

That's gotta be good on venison! Thanks!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill