Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a little story about the u.s.p.s.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    My last negative experience with them was a 14 day delivery of a handgun, FFL to FFL, that was supposed to be a 2 day priority mail delivery from Banning, CA, to Shed, OR. The gun disappeared in Portland, OR. I phoned the USPS Customer Service in Wash., DC and explained the situation politely, but enumerated a long list of who I was going to call next. It was suddenly found and delivered 24 hr. later. Package had been opened and then heavily taped. Fortunately the gun was o.k.
    If you tell them you are reporting a missing gun to BATF, they tend to find them very quickly.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

A friend who worked at a USPS told me a story about a co worker who kept a supply of sticky shipping label's with his name and address and paste them over the real shipping address, and put them on any package that he thought he might want and the package was sent to his address, SLICK well they finally caught up with him because of so many package being delivered to him.

The story of the sword reminded me...

About 20+ years ago I worked for the warehouse of the local school district.

When one of the top guys retired, we were cleaning out his office and find a large sword.

Apparently it was found wedged into a pallet that contained some other materials. Efforts to contact shipper, etc failed to produce a response, so the sword found its way into the corner of an office and was forgotten.

IIRC, it was eventually sent to a surplus property auction.

Sent from my Frankenphone using Tapatalk

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I can rember a time when you could depend on USPS. Now they are lucky they are not played what they are worth they would starve!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    Monday, the 9th, I got a notification message from Amazon that my LEE .41 Swiss dies were delivered. The USPS tracking confirmed the same, delivered, placed in mailbox. I got home, nothing, empty mailbox, I encircled the entire house but did wasn't there. So either some dirtbag stole it or the exquisite USPS service in my neighborhood screwed me. It wasn't the 1st time and I seriously doubt the last. I'm putting a security cam system up.
    This is the reason I have a PO Box. Then they can't say we delivered it! With all the identity theft going on these days having your mail sent to a box on the road is foolish.

Boolit Grand Master

Bought a Dillon tumbler off a member here. His tracking number showed arrived but I never got it. Called PO and they said they have GPS tracking and show when it was delivered and tracked it to my house. I went to file a claim but between my time, filing a police report, waiting to get the report, paying for the report and waiting on USPS, it just wasn’t worth the $50. I just let it go.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The USPS' unionized gorillas now prefer, I am reliably told, being called Mail Delivery Primates.

They regularly break stuff sent to me (unless it's solid metal) and certainly stomp and/or drive over enough packages I get.

I've considered putting a web site over "stompedordrivenoverpackages.org" but doubt it'd be a good idea - as they'd likely just stomp ALL my packages then!

Boolit Master

In the last year, I've had several items show up on tracking as "Delivered" that didn't make it to my mailbox the first time around. Dunno whether our mail carrier is dyslexic or just semi-literate but he keeps delivering my stuff to the guy with the same street number only one block over...Bartlow Lane vs. Willow Road. Last time, before I left in the morning, I checked the tracking and item was shown as "out for delivery" but when I got home it wasn't here so I checked again and, sure 'nuff, tracking showed package "delivered" about an hour earlier. Called local PO and explained situation; also mentioning that this wasn't the first occurance. Post Office supervisor ran a GPS check of driver's route and, low and behold, package was dropped off over on Bartlow. Supervisor contacted (phone? GPS link?) carrier before he finished his route and made him go back, pick-up the misdelivery, and drop it here before he headed for the barn. Haven't had another since so, maybe, carrier got the message.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Purchased a pistol from an FFL on Gunbroker. Pistol was mailed to local FFL for transfer. Pistol made it to KC Kansas, where the package was then apparently opened as I got a call from a Federal Postal Inspector. He was quite interested where this pistol was going and what the specifics were. After speaking with myself and both FFLs the Inspector found it necessary to sit on it for 2 weeks before finally allowing it to continue the journey.

Never did get an explanation as to why the package was opened to begin with.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 03-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Boolit Master

A couple of years ago a gentleman down the street started a business in his house. His address is 248 Birmingham drive and mine is 338 Birmingham drive. For the first 8 months I got all of his packages. Both UPS and USPS!!!! After a couple of months I asked him if ANY packages came to his address, he said no, not a one! He said that none of the things he ordered we to me and nothing was lost else where. You can't beat that for government logic.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Buddy
    Dont even get me started on the USPS. I've had nothing but probs the last few years with them . I've came home to packages laying in my yard because there too lazy to put on porch by door .there to lazy to close lid on mail box so if its raining my mail is soaked .I came home a couple weeks ago to 3 inches of snow in box and a soaking wet penelec bill. I'm constantly getting neighbors mail , sometimes they put the whole blocks mail in 1st houses mail box ,I guess its up to us to get it where it needs to go .if one person on whole block don't shovel there walk they won't deliver to any of us so when I get the snow blower out I have to do whole block . we sent for our car registration it never came I had to go pay for a duplicate and a month later we get our registration in in mail with a note on front of envelope saying post office please deliver to correct address so who knows where it originally went. I bought a new carb for my chainsaw on e bay it was shipped USPS I watched tracking it never came on day it said out for delivery. Next day I'm walking my dogs I get a block and a half away there was a yellow envelope on the ground I kicked it over just screwing around and lo and behold if and my name on it ,it was my new chainsaw carb laying on the ground a block and a half from my house along the road where postal carrier dropped it the day before. Oh and as far as the shoveling sidewalks go thats all fine and well if they actually used them they cut through the yards no matter how much snow on ground even when walks are clean . I think there lazy and obviously knowing how to read is no longer a requirement to work for USPS. I've called post office multiple times so has wife and other neighbors nothing changes . I even had to go to post office once with a pic of mine and my mothers sidewalks (she also lives on this block) to show postmaster our walks were shoveled after our carrier refused to deliver saying the walks had snow on them .USPS is a joke its no wonder there going under

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman228 View Post
    Dont even get me started on the USPS. I've had nothing but probs the last few years with them . I've came home to packages laying in my yard because there too lazy to put on porch by door .there to lazy to close lid on mail box so if its raining my mail is soaked .I came home a couple weeks ago to 3 inches of snow in box and a soaking wet penelec bill. I'm constantly getting neighbors mail , sometimes they put the whole blocks mail in 1st houses mail box ,I guess its up to us to get it where it needs to go .if one person on whole block don't shovel there walk they won't deliver to any of us so when I get the snow blower out I have to do whole block . we sent for our car registration it never came I had to go pay for a duplicate and a month later we get our registration in in mail with a note on front of envelope saying post office please deliver to correct address so who knows where it originally went. I bought a new carb for my chainsaw on e bay it was shipped USPS I watched tracking it never came on day it said out for delivery. Next day I'm walking my dogs I get a block and a half away there was a yellow envelope on the ground I kicked it over just screwing around and lo and behold if and my name on it ,it was my new chainsaw carb laying on the ground a block and a half from my house along the road where postal carrier dropped it the day before. Oh and as far as the shoveling sidewalks go thats all fine and well if they actually used them they cut through the yards no matter how much snow on ground even when walks are clean . I think there lazy and obviously knowing how to read is no longer a requirement to work for USPS. I've called post office multiple times so has wife and other neighbors nothing changes . I even had to go to post office once with a pic of mine and my mothers sidewalks (she also lives on this block) to show postmaster our walks were shoveled after our carrier refused to deliver saying the walks had snow on them .USPS is a joke its no wonder there going under
    I find it ironic that you complain about laziness in a post filled with spelling errors, horrible grammar, and no attempt at punctuation. Pot, meet kettle.

Blrmike are you a postal worker. I can't spell ether thank god for spell check. My mail box is on the house by the door not on the road. The postal workers informed me that they count have to come to the door and take outgoing mail unless they have something to deliver even if I schedule a pitch up. Have had my mail thrown in yard ( to lazy to take the few extra steps. Get someone else's mail almost every day. Only comes down my street about 3 to 4 days a week. If it snows or rains no mail that day. Tried complaining to post master may as well talk to a rock although a rock may have the advantage. Tried complaining on line requested a call back never heard a thing. If I thought better spelling or Cramer would improve my USPS service I may take the time to do better. As far as I can tell USPS employees are the most useless people on earth!!!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Blrmike are you a postal worker. I can't spell ether thank god for spell check. My mail box is on the house by the door not on the road. The postal workers informed me that they count have to come to the door and take outgoing mail unless they have something to deliver even if I schedule a pitch up. Have had my mail thrown in yard ( to lazy to take the few extra steps. Get someone else's mail almost every day. Only comes down my street about 3 to 4 days a week. If it snows or rains no mail that day. Tried complaining to post master may as well talk to a rock although a rock may have the advantage. Tried complaining on line requested a call back never heard a thing. If I thought better spelling or Cramer would improve my USPS service I may take the time to do better. As far as I can tell USPS employees are the most useless people on earth!!!
    I am not a Postal Employee, I just found the irony of so many people who could care less about showing how intelligent they may or may not appear to be due to their use of spelling and grammar complaining about someone else being lazy in their field of employment. This entire thread gave me quite the chuckle.
    Carry on with the complaining!

Blr mike I will admit I am lazy but I am not holier than though. I designed and built everything for NASA to military to private industry. And I never learned to spell. But whether someone can spell or use good grammar is not the end all as to how smart or lazy some is . I have worked with my hands all my life but also had to design parts and machinery. But the type of conduct that would let you to look down on someone for any reason says a lot about a persons character.

usps...wheeew....hundreds of videos on the web demonstrating how usps employees are so enamoured with their job lol

then,no wonder why some parcels gets stolen.

got my fair part of troubles with them.i now use fedex,ups......any other transporter ,but not usps. yes, other carriers may have a parcel on the lose , but at least you are able to get a pretty clear idea where it's at because most carriers do the scan thing at every transit.not usps.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Blr mike I will admit I am lazy but I am not holier than though. I designed and built everything for NASA to military to private industry. And I never learned to spell. But whether someone can spell or use good grammar is not the end all as to how smart or lazy some is . I have worked with my hands all my life but also had to design parts and machinery. But the type of conduct that would let you to look down on someone for any reason says a lot about a persons character.
    No different then judging an entire workforce on the conduct of a few bad apples.
    See the correlation yet?

Boolit Grand Master

I guess that I have had good luck with the USPS. I've found our local postal employees to be helpful and professional. It may help that I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone. And maybe everything about everyone! I receive my mail at the post office through a P.O. box. I only recently had someone that I mailed something to state having damage to the package. That was a SFRB of lead that I recently mailed out to the winners of a contest that I posted about in another post. Perhaps I did not package or tape it good enough?

Boolit Master

I've been lucky too, it looks like. We've done eBay off and on for a decade or so, and have used dozens, if not hundreds, of flat rate priority boxes without losing a single shipment. I've seen a few misdirected or delayed, but haven't lost one yet.

The local post office is great too, but it's a fairly small town. A few months ago my wife ordered some expensive school software on eBay. We checked tracking the day it was supposed to arrive; it said that it had been delivered just a few minutes earlier but it was not there. We have locking mailboxes and a good neighborhood. I drove down to the PO a couple miles away and showed them the tracking. They took my phone number and tracking info.

Less than an hour later I got a phone call that because of the GPS tag when it's scanned for delivery, they determined that it had been delivered to the wrong address. A supervisor drove to the house it had been delivered to, after hours as I recall, picked it up and brought it to us. I love living in a small town.

Boolit Master

I'd better knock on wood though, after a post like that. Now I'm just bound to have something lost. Good thing I'm not superstitious.

Totally unrelated story except for the luck part: a couple months ago I put new tires on an old car. I went really cheap because it's just a $500 car that I didn't want to put much money into. I bought cheap tires from Walmart and the guy installing them asked if I wanted to buy the $10 per tire road hazard warranty.

I distinctly remember thinking "How many times in my 30 years of driving have I needed the road hazard warranty?" Never, not once in 30 years. So I went cheap and didn't spend the extra few dollars.

Guess what? Yesterday my wife hits a pothole, dents the rim and puts a hole in the sidewall of a brand new tire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast