Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its been a while since we had a .32 handgun thread......

Boolit Grand Master
    Froggie........the K-32 x 6" is my Holy Grail. I am looking on intently.

In the meantime, I have a Model 16-4 x 6" in 32 H&R Magnum and an SP-101 x 4.2" that do good service as my 32 S&W Long repros with powder weights giving 900-1000 FPS to the RCBS 32-98-SWC.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

I have a couple Single 7's in 327 Federal Magnum. Thinking about adding another 1 or 2 in DA. Normally shoot 32 H&R Magnums and just a blast to shoot in reduced load 32 S&W Longs. Probably my favorite caliber to shoot with all the options available.

Boolit Grand Master
    I enjoy the SP-101 x 4.2" in 327 Federal very much. The trigger was (and remains) ATROCIOUS, but with about 300 rounds through it now the atrocity is smoothing out a bit. I see a spring kit in its future, since this is a sport/toy caliber for me and won't go in harm's way.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Al, the money and the time spent on installing a spring kit and some shims are well spent. My 327 SP 101 is much nicer after installing hammer and trigger shims and a reduced strength main spring.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3772.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	206487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3770.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	206488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3767.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	206489 You may want to omit the Pink Grips though.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Top left is that a 1903 Colt?

Boolit Master

Nice 03 and Tomcat!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master
    Marie will INSIST upon pink grips for her use. She likes the little critter.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Dose this one count? Forgot I had it, a 32 S&W short. A friend gave it to me...right before he was going to throw it away! I restored it years ago from the dead. It looked like Mars...all crusty and pitted. I ordered some ammo for it a few days ago. The double action spring is so tight I have to use my middle finger at times to get it to cycle! From what found out it a a 3rd generation made from 1895 to 1904.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-23-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Boolit Master

The .32s are a lot of fun. Had a Single Six .32 Mag and let it go. Had to go out and buy another one. Then the wife decides she wants to conceal carry so I found a used Model 30. Liked it so well, that I found a Model 31 for myself. Played with the .30 Carbine Ruger for a while with .32-20s and a Buckeye .32 Mag/.32-20 but the frames were too big. Now, I'm loading a Lyman 313631HP with the GC removed in all of them with one of Pat's PB GCs installed. Light to pack and accurate and cheap on lead and powder. The wife loves hers./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    Since photo bucket kicked me to the curb I don't have pictures to show, but I've been a big 32 fan for years. Of all the trades I wish I could take back where 32s. A Ruger Bisley 32 H&R and a Taurus target originally in 32 long factory stretched to H&R. I'm on the 327 Fed band wagon now. Taurus stubby (load light loads in H&R cases for the wife), S&W 632, 3 and 4.2 inch SP101, Black Hawk 8 shooter, GP100, 2 Single Sevens, and a Henry carbine rifle! I like my 32s!

Looks familiar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post

Dose this one count? Forgot I had it 32 S&W short. A friend gave it to me...right before he was going to throw it away! I restored it years ago from the dead. It looked like Mars...all crusty and pitted. I ordered some ammo for it a few days ago. The double action spring is so tight I have to use my middle finger at times to get it to cycle! From what found out it a a 3rd generation made from 1895 to 1904.

Boolit Master
    My 1 year old 4.2" SP-101 in 327 Fed is really not all that special. It just shoots great with anything I feed it. Oh, and it needs little or nothing for care. And that is with hundreds (soon to be thousands) of rounds through it.

For me, the "magic" is in the loads and boolits.

The target practice boolits are 55 grs from my home crafted no-groove 2 cavity mold. I use 3.1 grs of titegroup, and get a sound level and recoil similar to 22 LR at less cost. The boolits just rain from the mold with a boolits/hr rate that is probably close to what I get from my Lee 6 cavity 120 gr TC intended for 9mm. Reject rate is probably a couple per hundered.

The medium and hot loads use a 98 gr boolit that is also from a home crafted no-groove mold.

Just look at those 2 containers and think of how many "bangs/pound" this gun gives.

The medium loads get a book max Titegroup charge. It probably delivers around 150 - 200 fps below the hot loads.

The hot loads get 13.0 gr of H110. These are "ultra flash / bang" loads that have a "punch" between a 9mm and a 357.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	327 Ruger and ammo.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	206501

Name:	60 - 309.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	206502

Name:	IMG_20170506_215156678.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	206503
    Last edited by P Flados; 10-23-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Boolit Master
    All I can bring to this thread is my Manhurin Walther PP in 32 acp. Accuracy suprised me and eats just about any brand of 32 acp ammo I have. Federal, Fiocchi, Wolf. Frank

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    All I can bring to this thread is my Manhurin Walther PP in 32 acp. Accuracy suprised me and eats just about any brand of 32 acp ammo I have. Federal, Fiocchi, Wolf. Frank
    I have a 1964-made Walther PP in 32 ACP. It is incredibly accurate, jacketed or cast.

Boolit Grand Master

Name:	IMG_3701 (2).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	206513 I was pleasantly surprised with this old Browning 1922. It is as loose as a goose on a prune juice diet but shoots remarkably well.

I'd love to find a 32 Walther. I have a PPK 380, but a PP in 32 ACP would be sweet. I almost bought one back in 86 when they were 169.00 with holster and spare mag.

Name:	DSCN0507.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	206514
    My 32-20's got short shrift in the photos above. I really like the Colt Army Special from 1926. The S&W has those dinky razor blade sights that my elderly eyes just can't deal with.

I have another 32-20. a Police Positive Special from 1931, but it is a safe queen and I don't shoot it much.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 10-24-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Rintinglen - Nice 1922. I really like the holster for it. My HE Smith in .32 S&W-L has those razor thin sights too. Not a fan at all!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    CAI has Ukranian copies of the Walther PP available. Isralie police turn ins.

Ahh yes, .32's. Here's my little assemblage.

Stu
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Boolit Master
    I'm a Kit Gun addict, there I said it. Have trouble letting one pass thru my hands, especially a 32! Found this one while checking GB for a friend, probably paid more than I should, but then it's a 32SWL. not generally a fan of Rossi but I've a 22lr M511 that actually shoots beter than a SW M63 I should have kept. It's a 3 inch made between 78 and 83, accurate but I need to open the rear sight for a bit more light. Shoots MOB , that's minute of bunny case you wondered. So it joins my sp101 in 327 , Smith 31-1, Single Six in 32HR, and a couple Rem M25s in32-20. Hope it likes it's new home
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    I'm a Kit Gun addict, there I said it. Have trouble letting one pass thru my hands, especially a 32! Found this one while checking GB for a friend, probably paid more than I should, but then it's a 32SWL. not generally a fan of Rossi but I've a 22lr M511 that actually shoots beter than a SW M63 I should have kept. It's a 3 inch made between 78 and 83, accurate but I need to open the rear sight for a bit more light. Shoots MOB , that's minute of bunny case you wondered. So it joins my sp101 in 327 , Smith 31-1, Single Six in 32HR, and a couple Rem M25s in32-20. Hope it likes it's new home
    I'm putting a LCRx 3" in .22 through it's paces and it it holds up, I hope to grab it's big brother in .327 to load .32H&R and .32 SW Long in. IMO the 3" LCR is posted to be the kit gun for a new generation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast