Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its been a while since we had a .32 handgun thread......

Boolit Master
    Yes, I have to agree, and I dont like plastic! I load my sp101 in 327 with a 311008 @ 1000fps. Plenty (and then some) for ground hogs and the like. I just dont see the 327 as a good deer gun , so I feel no need to run it at the top. Truth is I would have preferred the gun in 32hr, but the deal was too good to pass up.
    The LCR does feel good and will be more creek friendly than my blued guns, yep the newest integration of a kit gun. You getting the one with adj sights?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Yes, I have to agree, and I dont like plastic! I load my sp101 in 327 with a 311008 @ 1000fps. Plenty (and then some) for ground hogs and the like. I just dont see the 327 as a good deer gun , so I feel no need to run it at the top. Truth is I would have preferred the gun in 32hr, but the deal was too good to pass up.
    The LCR does feel good and will be more creek friendly than my blued guns, yep the newest integration of a kit gun. You getting the one with adj sights?
    Yep! I'm pondering changing the fiber optic front on mine with a thin blade, but we'll see how it shoots.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I have 2 of the SP-101 in 327. A very early 4.2" and a later one. I find that I like the OEM front sights. Really didn't think I would and these are the first ones I've ever used. I'll stay with them until I need to change them out for a mechanical reason.

Boolit Master
    This was my first handgun to shoot, and the very first thing I reloaded for, using BP and swaged RB's.

Smith D/A 4th model:

A few others that I own, or have owned over the years:

H&R "Ultra" in .32 H&R mag:

NEF Equivalent of the above, but with the longer barrel:

A Flat latch S&W 31:

A model 30-1:

And the Model 631:

An early Taurus Kit gun, the model 74:

Their later improvement upon that, the model 741:

Their big brother, the 761:

A very uncommon Rossi M293:
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

All nice NoZombies!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I've owned a Colt Police Positive .32 S&W long, a 1922 FN .32 ACP, a 4-5/8", 6-1/2", and 9-1/2" Ruger SSMs, two FEG .32acp(AP74 & PA 63), and a Walther PP .32 ACP. The FEGs and PP were very accurate & reliable but the recoil was all out of proportion to the power.
    If I could choose two to come back it would be the 4-5/8" Ruger and the FN22. They were so much fun. I had a scope on the long barreled Ruger and with 85gr Hornady HPs I fired several 4" 6 shot groups at 100 yds. The FN was a squirrel getter deluxe and I got two Tom turkeys with the short barrel Ruger. A .32 is missing from my life for sure. I still have dies & a bullet mould just biding time........

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    All nice NoZombies!
    Thank you, I'll be adding some more handgun photos as I come across them or get around to taking them. In the meantime, I'm also a fan of the .32's in rifle format as well:

Remington 581 converted to .32 S&W long:

Another Remington, a bit older, but in the same caliber:

Another .32 S&W long rifle, this one a Hopkins and Allen using a rechambered barrel and a factory CF breechblock:

This is an interesting gun. It's a Henry Pieper made piece, chambered for an odd european .32 revolver cartridge that's a hair shorter than the .32 S&W (short), though the same diameter. I'm probably going to extend the chamber to .32 S&W length to make it more shootable:
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Banned
    I have been looking for an inexpensive 32 S&W top break in my area. Haven't seen one yet. There is one about 100 miles from me for under $70. They said it shoots but is probably in pretty rough shape. I think that the prices are going to go up fast soon. Thanks to youtube videos of how these little guns are fun to shoot. I think that a lot of them just sat in drawers with people afraid to shoot them for a long time. I love small low powered guns. Currently concentrating on 22 LR, but plan on getting a 25 ACP and a 32 S&W in the future. I like to plink, reload, my eyesight is not so good so no long range stuff, seems logical for me to get one of these.

1910 Police Positive on the right. 1907 Pocket Positive on the left and ammo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1478.jpg   DSCF1056.jpg  

Boolit Bub
    The new.

The old.

Boolit Master
    FWIW, Numrich has new and used 1903 barrels most of the time. I replaced my bulged one and it was a tack driver.

Boolit Master

FWIW, years ago about mid 80's watched an old guy draw a crowd of onlookers at the range. He was shooting 32 S&W shorts in an old S&W revolver at 25 yards. Shooting one hand Bullseye style. No exaggeration he was printing clusters. He'd shoot a hole in various spots on the target and follow up with the remaining shots in the cylinder into a one hole cluster.

Looking beyond the skill of the shooter. His demonstration proved the shot to shot accuracy of the gutless 32 shorts.

Boolit Grand Master
    The 32 S&W Long can be an amazingly accurate cartridge. I had possession of a Walther GSP-C for about 6 months some years back, and it remains the most accurate handgun I have ever had the pleasure of firing. Hornady HBWCs atop enough WW-231 to prompt 700-725 FPS was its best load, and it would cut chrysanthemums in target paper at 25 yards.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I have all the 32 revolvers any sane man could want, but have not glommed onto one of the top end 32 target autos. A friend out west shoots a Pardini HP32 in competition, for which he finish swages Speer HBWCs in home made dies. From Lapua brass, the pistol and rounds are 50 yard X-ring capable. Boy, do I want one of those!

His fellow competitor gets as good results from finish swaged MP cast HBWCs, though it's certainly easier to begin with the commercial product.

Banned - Charles1990/Eldon/Happy Warrior/Red Jackson/Henry VIII/Mr Humble
    You mean one like this ?

The rarest 32 ever made due to a bad typist in MA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colt OMM 32.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	208559
    Last edited by lucifers; 11-28-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucifers View Post
    You mean one like this ?

The rarest 32 ever made due to a bad typist in MI.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colt OMM 32.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	208559
    Yup, got one of those in 1975, from the old J&G Rifle Ranch, still in cosmoline and boxed with accessories and target. Believe it or not, J&G tried to get rid of the last of their stock by rechambering some to H&R Mag. Mine is in original condition, like yours seems to be. Real prizes, they are.

Boolit Master
    Apparently my education is lacking, please, more detail on that beautiful revolver if you've a moment to spare!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The Officer's Model Target, Third Issue. The Officer's Model Target was introduced in 1927 and made until 1949. Calibers were .22LR, .32 Colt, and .38 Special, with the .32 Colt only available pre-war. In 1935 a heavy barrel was made available as an option. Post-war only the 6" barrel was offered. Grips were checkered walnut with silver medallions.

Gun pictured above was made between 1939 and 1941 with production being only about 1000 pieces or so in .32 Colt NP with heavy bbl. so is probably one of the Mass. State Police "mistake guns" that were mistakenly ordered by the State Police as .32's when they meant to order .38s and had to accept the mistake and buy the guns from colt and then sell them as "New surplus" at that time.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Outpost has it right. I did not know this story when I bought my revolver and was actually pining for a recently discontinued K32. But I knew a fine gun when I saw it at a good price. The 70s was a good time to acquire older revolvers in non-magnum calibers, as everyone seemed to want semi-autos or Dirty Harry guns. I went after big Colt New Services and Shooting Masters, slim target sighted N frames and little 32s. Glad now that I did, since I wouldn't stretch far enough to do it today.

From way back in the corner: New in the box, 2006 Taurus Model 731 Ultralite in 32 H&R Magnum. I've had it all it's life, just never had the inclination to use it as I have a number of other 32 caliber hand guns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1426.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast