MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The World, Jesus and How We Live

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I am convinced that "come out of the world, have no part with it" and "unless a man gives up everything he has, picks up his cross daily and follows me, he cannot be my disciple..." and other radical challenges that were given by the Lord, there are very few real Christians in this world. My guess would be that 99% of all those who consider themselves to be Christians or better put "Disciples of Christ" are fooling themselves and will have a rather shocking discovery on judgment day. I have met a few people who sold everything they had and gave it to the poor and followed Jesus... but again not many. not many at all.
    Universally we (all Christians) are to pick up our cross daily and deny our sinful desires.

Only one person (The Rich Young Ruler) was instructed to sell all he had, give the money to the poor and then literally follow Jesus. The reason for this, presumably, is that he was controlled by his wealth (he passed up a great opportunity). This instruction was not for every follower of Jesus. In fact, there were rich people who faithfully followed Jesus and contributed to his ministry. It is not a sin to be wealthy and there is no command in the New Testament to be poor.

Jesus said the love of money was responsible for all kinds of sins.
    1. Money is not evil
    2. The love of money is not responsible for all sins...but lots of them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Universally we (all Christians) are to pick up our cross daily and deny our sinful desires.

Only one person (The Rich Young Ruler) was instructed to sell all he had, give the money to the poor and then literally follow Jesus. The reason for this, presumably, is that he was controlled by his wealth (he passed up a great opportunity). This instruction was not for every follower of Jesus. In fact, there were rich people who faithfully followed Jesus and contributed to his ministry. It is not a sin to be wealthy and there is no command in the New Testament to be poor.

Jesus said the love of money was responsible for all kinds of sins.
    1. Money is not evil
    2. The love of money is not responsible for all sins...but lots of them
    Well, believe it or not, I stand corrected. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12