Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Is it really a good deal?

Is it really a good deal?

Not saying that they are not worth doing business with or that they are not honest . But the price and shipping have to be considered . Went to Crosman custom shop and was about to order a 2400K . Hit the shipping cost and the great deal went away with a shipping cost of almost half the price of the carbine . Went to Baker and saw some great prices on barrels that beat my cost from my normal source on e bay . Filled in the info to order and the shipping took the savings away again . Marvin

Boolit Master
    Had the same problem with shipping charges on smaller parts.
    I ordered two small parts from Baker with price for the parts a little over $9 and shipping was a bit over $8.
    This was flat rate shipping, with insurance included.
    Still these parts appear to be available no where else.

I've heard you can get a low minimum charge for shipping from Crosman if you order on certain days. Not sure if that's still true.
    I ordered some parts from Crosman, including a barrel, and they charged only the $4 minimum shipping charge.

Some of the outdoors online stores on Ebay offer free shipping and I've found some great deals there.

Crosman has recently offered free shipping on the 2240 pistols and these were marked down a good bit as well.

Banned
    It's USPS. Every time I go to the post office the prices are staggeringly higher.....They are now about 3x what they were when gas was $5 per gallon. Great society we have now. Them that can...gouge.

Just got off the phone with crosman . Said because it was a custom shop order he could not get around the shipping cost with a code . Friday orders over 150 get free shipping . 2400 k was 89 . Told him I could buy a 18 inch .177 barrel and put it on one of my 4 1740 and I already had a stock . He said to keep a long time customer happy he would sell me a 18 inch 177 barrel to my door for under 15 . A one time offer to make up for the matter . I should see it next week . All parts order have a 4.00 flat shipping charge for every ones info .Marvin

http://www.airforceairguns.com/

For the serious air rifle shooter.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Shipping is stupid high .....the worst is,when you receive the package and postage is stamped 3.85 and you where charged $9-11...then you call and they explanation is its a shipping AND handling charge. Personally I do not see a huge gain in the custom shop guns from crosman . Nothing they do can't be done at home on the kitchen table.

Slim I have 6 AF rifles and over 10 308 to 452 rifles . But in due respect to my self and all air gunners . No matter what the caliber or make is that we have or use we are all on equal ground . AF has given me good service as well as crosman . But some of these custom builder leave a lot to be desired IMO after dealing with them .
    Mac 1911 neither do I but with out the cost of shipping I could have added one to my collection . The rep at crosman thought it was way high as well . But stated that they could not alter a custom shop order . Marvin