ADvertise hereLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingGraf & Sons
StainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really big isotope containers

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    dang,the chances of me scoring some of these don't look so good!
    Well, the radiopharmacy I am negotiating with is a multistate corporation, and I am dealing with their Northern California location. The manager has been selling the decommissioned containers to recyclers for some time, so perhaps local rules apply that are, of all things, more relaxed here in Calfornia than for Dragon in Pennsylvania.

The radiopharmacies only deal with radioactive materials for medical uses like tracers, imaging and cancer therapy. They don't do regular prescription drugs, and only work with hospitals and other medical outfits, dispensing only the hot stuff and only by contract. The exact converse is true of pharmacies dispensing to the public, so your local CVS never sees the containers because they never deal in the materials they contain.

I may have had my foot in the door with the radiopharmacy I am dealing with, since I have the letters M and D tacked after my name, but I really think it was being politely persistent over months, plus the regular donation of high calorie/high palatability nutritional supplements (aka, cookies, donuts and other pastries) that did it. I found them via Google search filtered to my geographic area, and only tried one (there is another company in town as well) I think most major population centers will have at least one close by (the isotopes don't travel well, mostly having short useful half lives).

Don't give up yet!
    Last edited by kevin c; 10-19-2017 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Darn auto correct...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    Dragon that's a really nice pot there. I especially like the handles and the spouts. Just how big across is it that it can take two of the 32 #ers side by side? Can you tell me its capacity, and where I might buy one?
    Walmart. It's Lodge dutch oven.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks! I'll go and have a gander, compare it to the Harbor Freight 10 quart job I am using now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12