RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything

Thread: Suggestiojs on getting Harvey wrecked sail boat keels to Denver.

Boolit Master

Suggestiojs on getting Harvey wrecked sail boat keels to Denver.

Any one?

You'll need a Tractor, open top scrap Trailer, a skid steer to load and unload the keels, and a driver to do it.

Boolit Master
    I have had machinery shipped LTL (less than a full load) using either YRC or Globaltranz.
    http://yrc.com/
    https://www.globaltranz.com/ltl/

I would call them with the weight, dimensions, and zip codes to get a quote. You'll probably need to cut them down to fit on a pallets so they can move them easily. They will also need to know if there will be forklifts and/or docks available at both locations.
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Boolit Master
    sounds like a fun vacation job

Boolit Grand Master

When you start dealing with lead in those sizes you need access to equipment. Unless you own it or can borrow it, be careful because the expenses can add up fast. You might check into those guys that do the "hot shot" deliveries. Mostly retired guys with 1 ton trucks and goose neck trailers. You'll still need a fork lift, front end loader or hoist on both ends.

Boolit Grand Master

I believe it might pay to take a 2 week vacation and travel there to inspect what your buying then if possible pull the ballast keels and scrap the rest there. Theres no real point in paying to ship wood and other non wanted materials. Shipping is normally by the LB, so removing the wood plastic and other materials would be worth it. Depending on the area and time the wood could be in a dumpster. the Brass, steel copper and aluminum sold to a scrap yard and just the lead shipped. The big thing is finding a place to do this.

Sign up an account at “uship” and make a listing. It’s a bidding system where shippers are connected with carriers and see what they say. I’ve had very competitive prices before.

Go on vacation, melt there, ship ingots
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat