Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate you all

Just think of all the money you will save by casting your own. HaHaHa

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Boolit Master

only thing that suck about a 45-70 is every time you shoot you could have shot a 30 cal three times. Lead goes fast. Just for fun you should get a 223 and start casting for that. An hour and a half later you could fit all the leads into a coffee mug.

Boolit Master
    Prepare to be assimilated. All kidding aside cast boolits is like a slippery slope. Once you get started it's all downhill. And welcome to the club. Frank

Boolit Master
    5 starters are worse, trust me on that.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Bub
    I know the pain (who am I kidding I love it) I just built a 300blk AR and I reload pretty much everything I shoot. only cast for 2 calibers right now and my lead pile is already getting too small.

Boolit Master

Post deleted.
    Last edited by retread; 10-13-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Boolit Master
    Ohhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyyy.NOW you`ve done it.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Retumbo View Post
    Now look what you have made me do!!!

Picking up my 45/70 tomorrow. So you know what that means. 《sigh》

Now I have to get dies and now I'll have to get a mold or two.

It also means I have to step up my lead finding.

I really do hate all of you.

Why did you guys make this casting/reloading thing so easy for me to learn.

OH we're not done with you yet. Wait till you start powder coating those newly cast boolits, with every color in the rainbow---and the custom made sizer dies.
    Last edited by murf205; 10-13-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    if it makes you feel any better, i have a brand new 45-70 die set I can spare. Now , see you did not even have to start searching for em..... they just jumped out of the bushes

Boolit Master
    I actually just recently started to cast for my 45-70. I also powder coat so I wanted a non-gas check design. The idea was to make a load that kicked less than a top end 300gr JHP (this is a Marlin 1895) but still had some punch.

The Lee 340gr got good reviews so I bought that mould. I couldn't be happier. Since it's heavier and slower it actually shoots the same POI at 50 yards as the 300gr JHP. Accuracy is all anyone could ask for.

The powder coating prevents base edge pressure cutting which is important because this is a ported model Guide Gun.

This is a light load at about 1450 fps but light only to what the Marlin is capable of. It's perfect for what I wanted it for. Besides 340gr flat nose at 1450 fps is going to put some serious hurt on deer or whatever in that size range.

Motor
    Last edited by Motor; 10-13-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Boolit Master
    For best results you will also require a paper patch mould and then there is the paper selection/collecting to deal with as well.
    Then black and smokeless powders.
    Not much info on the 45/70 and proven methods over the years.
    HaaaHaaHa
    Man is your lead pile gunna shrink real fast.

Welcome to the fun. It looks like you still new at this.In time you will move to something else to add to it all like other stated.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Mold
    Congratulations

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfustyle View Post
    only thing that suck about a 45-70 is every time you shoot you could have shot a 30 cal three times. Lead goes fast. Just for fun you should get a 223 and start casting for that. An hour and a half later you could fit all the leads into a coffee mug.
    I object to those thoughts.
    1) If you shoot something with a .45-70 you won't need to shoot it three times with a .30 caliber something or other.
    2) .45-70 lead doesn't really go all that fast. Ballpark 1100-1300 fps if you use Lord Black instead of that passing fad called smokeless.
    3) There is no rational reason to cast .22 bullets if you have a .45-70. No need to shoot something over and over again with a .22 when one shot from a .45-70 will solve the problem, be it gophers in the back yard or indians on a distant hill. Or buffalo. Whatever.
    4) Why spend an hour and a half trying to fill a coffee cup when it can be done in 4-5 minutes?
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Master
    Talk about watching your lead pile shrink. Try feeding a 45-70 and a 500 S&W !!!!

Motor

Boolit Master
    But think how much you'll be saving by reloading for it. Hard to go wrong with 45/70 tho.. Todd/3leg

Boolit Master
    I am trying to resist a #1 in 7x57 for the same readon. It is the cost of setting up for a new caliber. So far so good. But I am weakening.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master

There is only one thing you can do.buy a T C Contender or Encore,then rebuild your bench your going need more space for all the barrels you'll have to have.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

I maxed bench space w/2 Dillon 550s, eight Dillon tool heads with powder measures, a Redding T7 with three tool heads, a one ton press for making gas checks and about 2 feet of bench space left over. I got a rock docker from PatMarlins and have 3 lube sizers and my Lyman case trimmer with enough room for a small power drill to trim lots of 5.56 brass. Now with rock docker plates I can add additional tools in my last two feet of bench space.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    I am trying to resist a #1 in 7x57 for the same readon. It is the cost of setting up for a new caliber. So far so good. But I am weakening.
    swamp
    Please don't send me your lead on that #1 or I'll have an ex-wife.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast