Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do, a principal delema.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    He was not the one that messed up. If the place he got it from does not ship then how is it HIS fault? Go get the holster and not take the refund. Send the other back to Midway or sell it here. Someone will want it.
    It's his fault not to communicate,,,

Boolit Grand Master

I understand your dilemma but after reading his reply I would cut him some slack. I probably would let him know how I felt about communication and that he needs to work on that some. Maybe even change or amend the face book feed back. After all, its to everyones advantage to keep the guy in business. Be your own judge about the money, but $50 is more than using your change in a vending machine. I probably would accept it back.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    First thing, you said he told you it would be "dropped shipped" - which means he places the order (most likely) with the manufacturer and they then ship it directly to you. But you admit you don't know what "drop ship" means - so did you ask him?

He should have never made the promise that it would e next day delivery so that is on him as is his lack of communication in regards to following up on it with you. BUT, he is new and probably somewhat wet behind the ears in regards to how things work exactly with his suppliers.

Yep, it's nice that you chose to support a LGS - but remember - there can be delays in delivery for my reasons. It might very well fall on the supplier and the time it takes them to process the order - after all, they are much bigger than the LGS and many more orders besides yours.

I'm not criticizing you in any way, but, things don't necessarily "gel" like they should the business world either. It doesn't make any difference who the carrier is . . . ask me, I'm still waiting on a workbench I ordered from Home Depot last June that has a tracking number but nobody can figure out where it is.

I guess it goes to if a person wants an item, then order it in plenty of time before you actually need it. You're upset with a small operator - do you get as upset with a larger mail order supplier who doesn't deliver in a timely manner?

I'm old and I was in business for my entire life - the customer always came first whether they were right or not. But I'll tell you . . . . I'm glad I am not in business anymore. Primarily because people are too quick to criticize and with all of the social media out there . . . way too quick to post something that can cause issues to somebody that is trying - regardless of if you think they are or not. Once you post it, it's too late. Yea, you can post a retraction or whatever you want to call it, but by then, you may have cost that business a lot of business from potential customers. Like Dr. Phil always says, "every pancake has two sides".

It's up to you what you decide do - why ask everyone else to justify your position? Next time, if you need something yesterday but order it tomorrow, then order from on of the larger suppliers on-line. They certainly offer next day delivery - or will at least happily take your money for it - but once it is in the hands of the carrier, it is no longer their problem.

A couple of things here bedbugbilly, I knew exactly what “drop shipped” meant, the store owner didn’t know what “drop shipped” meant, I let him run with it figuring he knew his supplier better than I do!
    Yes, I’ll rip a large company a new one, and I have several times! If I pay the extra for expedited shipping, I damn sure expect it! There have been several times I’ve made large companies reimburse me for overpriced shipping when it didn’t show!
    On the flip side, I ordered a bicycle tool off evilbay and it didn’t show for two weeks, I contacted the seller giving him a heads up as USPS showed it delivered but I never got it? He ended up refunding my money. I felt bad as it wasn’t his fault! Six weeks later it showed up, guess the mail lady cleaned out her car? I immediately contacted the seller and told them to figure out the fees and losses they had incurred and I would gladly pay them that for the hassle as it wasn’t their fault and I knew that to start with! They refused, but appreciated my honesty.
    I didn’t need this holster “yesterday” I wanted it for that night but couldn’t find it local. I definitely need it this weekend, but with his lack of communication or concern, how do I even know he ordered it to start with?
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

I’ve nixed it. Wife and I talked, too little too late. I’m DUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I just can't help remembering what one of my employer's from a lot of years ago used to say I can't sell I'm sorry I can't , eat I'm sorry so what good is it. It stayed with me , never promise something you are not absolutely positive you can deliver. I know that I may be hard to deal with but I just can't help it. Have fired several contractors for not showing up when they said (all had an excuse) didn't care never rushed them to start and told them when they were hired there is no rush but I really want you here when you say so do not give me a date that you can't make. Guess I'm just old school a mans word has to mean something. No holster no call no nothing. I am sure he is sorry after your review. That's a little late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12