RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Chapel ?

Brother Boaz, when they start flinging dirt. All I can say is put on the FULL armor of God, and STAND FAST. Don't reply, don't stoop to their level. Don't give them anything to attack. Just stand there.

They'll soon tire of that game. Throwing dirt is no fun if the other guy does not get riled.
    It is hard, I know full well. I also know you can do it. I have faith in you. So does the Lord.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    [QUOTE=Boaz;4176307]
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Boaz, I'm with Rick here....both in the dense department and in thinking that this thread should be alive and well. There will be a naysayer from time to time, but if we allow that to silence us, then we were never really here. Just sayin', my brother.

God Speed! Trails.[/QUOTE

Then keep it alive ! I think that would be great . There are plenty of good people here to keep it going but I don't want to sidetrack it by my presence . When those that don't care for me start throwing cheap shots and trying to distract the line of conversation . But I have enjoyed this thread much and it is serving a good purpose . I thank all .
    I see no cheap shots in this thread or at you. Brother you are in my prayers
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Brother Boaz, when they start flinging dirt. All I can say is put on the FULL armor of God, and STAND FAST. Don't reply, don't stoop to their level. Don't give them anything to attack. Just stand there.

They'll soon tire of that game. Throwing dirt is no fun if the other guy does not get riled.
    It is hard, I know full well. I also know you can do it. I have faith in you. So does the Lord.
    Who is throwing dirt? I just dont understand you post. Is some one sending Boaz PM -Vaya con DIOS
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    GhostHawk I thank you sir . They can't hurt or bother me but it can cause others to draw away not wanting to get involved . A good thread was sent to the pit several days ago because a member that for reason I don't know was trying to pick a fight with me . It's hard for me to understand the mentality of anyone wanting to provide disruption of others here in the Chapel .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Brother it's obvious you've been hurt and I pray for healing.

This is a public forum? When we had cattle someone had to get in with them to work them through. My Granddaddy use to say, "when you get in with them your bound to get stepped on and kicked sometimes"!

When a thread is started no-one knows the direction it will take good, bad, or ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Well, I will add one final thought.

Please ask yourself before posting:
    1. Will this help or hurt?
    2. Will this bring glory to God or myself?
    3. Is this a comment of love or hate?

Then go ahead and hit the "post" button. Go in peace.
    I agree with No. 2 and 3, but No. 1 is problematic for me. What would the Christian faith be today if Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, Martin Luther and many, many more, be like if they had to check that box, before speaking and acting. Lots of folks, governments and even empires were hurt in the proclamation of the gospel. Truth telling hurts lots of feelings. I suppose the deciding issue would be intent. Are you (generic) intending to hurt somebody or is that hurt just a consequence of telling the truth.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

I just want to thank God Almighty for the friends I have here, and for the prayers they have offered up for me and my family over some very difficult times. I pray others would bring their requests to the Chapel, so as one body we can offer up prayers in the Name Of Jesus Christ to our heavenly Father, that by doing so His Name will be glorified!

No person will go through this life with loss, without suffering, or without physical and mental anguish and duress. We need God's help, and as believers, we need each other!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Thank you Hickok , your faithfulness to give prayer and encouragement is always constant . Yours is a true message that we will all need one another at a time . Thank you .

Moderator Emeritus

I really hate to say this, but though we all always want to share good things with the most folks possible, I've seen that work against groups in the past. A chapel is usually considered to be a place where people go to voluntarily, when the motivation strikes. If we bring in the masses just for the sake of numbers, I think there's always a danger that the standards here might be lowered, and dissentions magnified. As I said, I've seen this happen a number of times before, and though it SEEMS like "more is better," that's just not always so.

Don't mean to inject a "downer" here, but just to keep our perspective zeroed on what's most critically important in any prayer group. There's more to it than just numbers. FWIW???

Working together , praying together ...yes . Laying aside personal agendas , differences and helping , yes . Relying on the power of prayer , praise and encouragement . If memory servers me the key factors of being a person of faith .
    Last edited by Boaz; 01-01-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123