MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Chapel ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

The Chapel ?

I was wondering today at work . Is there anything that could bring more folks to participate here in the Chapel ? I know many members and guests read the threads here but seems participation could be better .

Do you think lack of participation is simply because it's folks consider it an 'internet' thing and has no bearing on reality ? Perhaps that what happens here is not of consequence in relation to prayer , praise and encouragement to one another ? Are the great majority of members simply non believers ?

This forum is unique in having a Chapel , I don't understand why more don't take advantage of it . Was just wondering what are your thoughts ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

I think, it's a matter of comfort level. When your ready, you can chime in. All should be made welcome.
    Nothing comes to mind on how to draw more in. However, persistence and a continuing faithful support should be witness enough, I would think.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Boaz when you figure it out please let us know. May God Bless
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Pine Baron....many people are intimidated with having to offer up a prayer or are shy about an illness or bad circumstance; others worry about being criticized. Others are lurkers.....The best way to bring more in is to keep doing what we are doing...or ministry about praying for those that need our prayers....those seeds will eventually blossom and we will have more and more participants....IMHO.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Paul the Lord told us to be faithful in spite of numbers. You were spot on be faithful to pray. God will do his part and answer prayer.

I agree with Pine Baron. I did not chime in here much until I got pretty comfortable with several of you. And the more comfortable I got the more I felt comfortable talking.

I still don't say a lot about a lot of things. In part because many of you know your bible so much better than I do. Some of you are ordained, which IMO puts you into a whole nother level of commitment if nothing else.

Brother Boaz, I would say it is not broke. Not in my opinion at least. So don't try to fix it. Things happen when they happen, often by the Lord's plan, again in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I agree with Pine Baron. I did not chime in here much until I got pretty comfortable with several of you. And the more comfortable I got the more I felt comfortable talking.

I still don't say a lot about a lot of things. In part because many of you know your bible so much better than I do. Some of you are ordained, which IMO puts you into a whole nother level of commitment if nothing else.

Brother Boaz, I would say it is not broke. Not in my opinion at least. So don't try to fix it. Things happen when they happen, often by the Lord's plan, again in my opinion.
    I understand your thoughts, but keep in mind that we’re all on the same road and there should not be a single one of use who is in front of the other. I’ve been mightily blessed by some things you’ve shared, and wish you’d share more.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    I agree with Pine Baron....many people are intimidated with having to offer up a prayer or are shy about an illness or bad circumstance; others worry about being criticized. Others are lurkers.....The best way to bring more in is to keep doing what we are doing...or ministry about praying for those that need our prayers....those seeds will eventually blossom and we will have more and more participants....IMHO.....Paul
    I agree completely Paul! I so often come in late on topics that what I might contribute has already been spoken. But I believe wholeheartedly the ministry of the chapel is alive and active.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Wow......I read the first paragraph then went off to make myself a cheeseburger for a very late dinner. Thought about it, and thought of those that inspire me to come back to the Chapel for a check-in now and again. I could have made a list.....and yeah, you all showed up.

I don't come here as often as I should.....I know I've mentioned that in the past. I often feel like Jekyl and Hyde on this site...one day I've giving something away to someone with a need.....and a week later I'm trying to hustle something for some $$ to pay a bill. Maybe that's life raising a family with three kids (now two at home, and one at A school with the Navy!), but I've always checked in here for balance, for a break, for peace of mind that I know I can get from the folks I always know will be here.

Don't question what you're doing here.....it's meaningful, it's powerful, and you do a great job of keeping Our Lord present in this forum. You're not overbearing, none of you are.....but you are present, and I like that. I would guess many do, even though it may never be spoken.

Chris.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

I check in daily during the week. As for posting, I don't feel like I have the elegance of words or the knowledge of some that post here. I try to keep it simple. I know that God knows the hearts of all that come here and he can see and knows what is on our hearts. I also know that he is a loving God that love to hear from his children. I am encouraged by the post that I read here. So many people caring for and praying for each other. Like others have said, sometimes I am late and feel that I have nothing to add as others have already said it better then what I can. As I am still new here I have a hard time mentioning things that I may need prayer for. Most things in my life I consider small compared to the prayer request that I read here. The major advantage to coming here is that it has helped me to have the courage to publicly post prayer for others. Not just here but also on Facebook when I see one of my friends or family going through a tough time. You are all an encouragement to me. Thanks for all you do and God bless all who come here.

Doug

Boolit Grand Master

If you think of the difference between a "Chapel" and a "Church" I believe you will see this is exactly what it is supposed to be. A place of quiet contentment, to come and pour your heart out, and to find peace. For someone to come along side and put an arm around your shoulder and pray with you, not trying to solve any problems or change anything, just mutual surrender to God. We find Chapels in hospitals, in the woods, at colleges, etc. They are not Churches. Very different function and focus.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Ditto WS!

I think I have mentioned this before, if not, here you go. All you need for conformation is to see 100 views on a thread with 0 replies. If YOU need to see more replies make a symbol for" amen".

OTOH when people make statements that aren't agreed with, or pose conteriverceal questions they are often belittled or shoot down quite forcefully and rudely.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good comment Wayne.

Charlie, I have gained a lot from the Chapel and those who post here. And I started coming here as an atheist. The Chapel was not the single reason for my acceptance of Jesus but it was an important step along the way. So for that I am thankful.

I admit that I am still uncomfortable praying. For example, I do not pray before a meal. I do pray for others who have fallen on difficult times and less so for myself as my life has started to come around. I am very blessed. Many others need the Lord's help more than I. Part of my "difficulty" with prayer is grappling with the Lord knowing everything...so He knows who is suffering...so who am I to ask Him to help someone? He knows where the needs are.

The Chapel has been a good place...at least for me. But I am not sure how to improve it. BTW, do not discouraged by those who visit and say nothing or little. They come for a reason. And anyone should be welcomed as long as they are respectful.
    Don Verna

Don I'm not going to argue with you sir.

He does see all, know all. But the squeeky wheel gets the grease first.

I work hard at not asking for something that is contrary to his will. Not making him choose between what he wants and what I want.

Especially if I am praying for someone else.

For myself, I guess I feel that if I need some help to do his work then I don't mind praying for it. Tuesday morning I woke up with the Arthritis in my right hip flaring up.

I took a couple of asprin, and spent the day on a heating pad and also asked for some help from the Lord. Without that help there is no way I could do anything but sit on that hot pad.

Wed morning I woke up and all was normal, no pain. And Wed morning Casey and I were back working for the Lord visiting those in need at the nursing home.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    If you think of the difference between a "Chapel" and a "Church" I believe you will see this is exactly what it is supposed to be. A place of quiet contentment, to come and pour your heart out, and to find peace. For someone to come along side and put an arm around your shoulder and pray with you, not trying to solve any problems or change anything, just mutual surrender to God. We find Chapels in hospitals, in the woods, at colleges, etc. They are not Churches. Very different function and focus.
    Great post
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

All good comments . I enjoy it when we all contribute our opinions here for a cause or just talking . I firmly believe what we do here has an immediate effect and a more long lasting effect . This is a page from the Chapel back in April , look at the views on the threads . When a thread/topic slides off the main board here people keep reading what we say or discuss .
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...-Chapel/page62

It's been mentioned that some will not comment or post because they are not confident because many here seem more learned in scripture . We are all on a level field here , anyone seeking or wanting to contribute should not feel intimidated , people here would welcome them instantly . There are several pastors here they are always encouraging . I know everyone here likes to see new faces posting . I would love to see the Chapel keep growing .

This is the Welcome to the Cast Boolits forum Chapel thread in the stickies above . I think everyone has done a great in our Chapel .

Welcome to the Castboolits Forum Chapel !
    Everyone is invited and welcome here . You are encouraged to be involved with others of like mind in prayer and praise . Your church affiliation is not important , we care about you not the name on the building your church meets in . We are here to simply help each other , give praise to our GOD , pray for one another and provide encouragement .
    To those requesting prayer , please do so , you are encouraged to . If your request is of a personal or sensitive nature simply ask for an 'unspoken' or 'prayer of trust' , details need not be given in that request . Please keep your request updated as much as possible to show that your need is still there . Many times a request is made with no updates or follow up and if there is not reinforcement of the need then the prayer will not continue . Please have concern and respect for those trying to help and provide information on how the cause is going .
    To those in prayer for another person or cause . Please pray often on the thread if possible , if your not able to for any reason to type in a prayer at least put down that you are included in the prayer line by a simple Amen or quote someone else's prayer to show your participation in giving your support . This simple response will show concern to the one in need looking for support and relief through our Lords intercession . Again, please put up a response that you are praying , it is important to show support .

Please come here often , help us as we help each other through prayer , praise and encouragement . Share your needs , share you willingness to help , share yourself through your testimony in praise of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ .

Thank you for being here .

Count me as one who reads and very rarely comments, there are many who say it much better than I could ever express. I do check in quite frequently.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    OTOH when people make statements that aren't agreed with, or pose conteriverceal questions they are often belittled or shoot down quite forcefully and rudely.
    That is sure what I was thinking. One of the last times I tried to contribute in the Chapel I was told by Boaz, "I don't even read your posts any more just do what you need do."

I get the idea that the Chapel is only for prayer requests and for a few guys to preach and others to just say, "Amen."

slim1836 I always enjoy seeing you here . Your are always an encouragement brother !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast