RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Chapel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    That is sure what I was thinking. One of the last times I tried to contribute in the Chapel I was told by Boaz, "I don't even read your posts any more just do what you need do."

I get the idea that the Chapel is only for prayer requests and for a few guys to preach and others to just say, "Amen."
    Politics and religion make enemies of people who otherwise might get along fine.
    Some people seem to be rather insecure in their beliefs and prove it by lashing out at anything antithetical to their little safe place. We're all guilty of it some extent, I'm no exception, it's human nature but some people do so with such venom and spite that it literally sends people walking the other direction.
    That's not the only reason but it's certainly a contributing factor.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Super Moderator Emeritus
    This chapel is my support group and my prayer partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    I was wondering today at work . Is there anything that could bring more folks to participate here in the Chapel ? I know many members and guests read the threads here but seems participation could be better .

Do you think lack of participation is simply because it's folks consider it an 'internet' thing and has no bearing on reality ? Perhaps that what happens here is not of consequence in relation to prayer , praise and encouragement to one another ? Are the great majority of members simply non believers ?

This forum is unique in having a Chapel , I don't understand why more don't take advantage of it . Was just wondering what are your thoughts ?
    If you can answer that, you can also figure out why there are so few people in church, when so many more should be.

I have studied on that question a right smart amount. It is my opinion that religious faith in all it's form scares many people. The feel guilty in it's presence and have no interest in taking a look at themselves and making any changes in point of view, thinking or life style. So, best to just avoid the discomfort. A short hand version is folks don't want to get to close to the fire, for fear they might get burned.

Folks will show up when something really bad happens and they are afraid of that more than the fear of being exposed to serious religion. However as soon as the crisis passes, they are out the door again. Lots of people with "foxhole religion" that have never seen a foxhole.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 10-12-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    If you can answer that, you can also figure out why there are so few people in church, when so many more should be.
    Lots of truth here!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Ditto WS!

I think I have mentioned this before, if not, here you go. All you need for conformation is to see 100 views on a thread with 0 replies. If YOU need to see more replies make a symbol for" amen".

OTOH when people make statements that aren't agreed with, or pose conteriverceal questions they are often belittled or shoot down quite forcefully and rudely.
    Well, they are booted over to the "Deep Theology" forum with has lots of opinions, some denominational doctrine, and little theology most of which is not deep.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    This chapel is my support group and my prayer partners.
    I feel the same way Jim .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post

Folks will show up when something really bad happens and they are afraid of that more than the fear of being exposed to serious religion. However as soon as the crisis passes, they are out the door again. Lots of people with "foxhole religion" that have never seen a foxhole.
    It's no laughing matter but I got a chuckle out of this. You can gauge mans "threat level" by the demand for bread, bottled water, plywood, toilet paper.......and God.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

I want to thank all that care , that gave of themselves in their comments . I am so proud and thankful that you consider another . I believe this thread is dead . Thank you .

For those that shut down a good thread . You accomplished your purpose . Your individual reasons I will not speculate . But you will never silence GOD .

Well, I will add one final thought.

Please ask yourself before posting:
    1. Will this help or hurt?
    2. Will this bring glory to God or myself?
    3. Is this a comment of love or hate?

Then go ahead and hit the "post" button. Go in peace.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    For those that shut down a good thread . You accomplished your purpose . Your individual reasons I will not speculate . But you will never silence GOD .
    Boaz, I went back and reread every post, I must be a little dense, I didn't see anyone trying to shut down your thread. I thought it was a good discussion, silly me. Yours in Christ, Rick
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

"Well, I will add one final thought.

Please ask yourself before posting:
    1. Will this help or hurt?
    2. Will this bring glory to God or myself?
    3. Is this a comment of love or hate?

Then go ahead and hit the "post" button. Go in peace. "

This, exactly this. And even then I miss one now and then that I pushed the post button on and should not have.

So for all of you who have been hurt by my careless and thoughtless ways. I am truly sorry.

If I have not yet managed to do so, please bank this against a future need.

It is hard to remember sometimes that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    We need more. We need to understand, to care, to love, and to forgive like Jesus did.

But we are not perfect, so we fail, stumble and fall. So lets try to help each other when we do.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    We need to understand, to care, to love, and to forgive like Jesus did.

But we are not perfect, so we fail, stumble and fall. So lets try to help each other when we do.
    This.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boaz, I'm with Rick here....both in the dense department and in thinking that this thread should be alive and well. There will be a naysayer from time to time, but if we allow that to silence us, then we were never really here. Just sayin', my brother.

God Speed! Trails.

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Boaz, I went back and reread every post, I must be a little dense, I didn't see anyone trying to shut down your thread. I thought it was a good discussion, silly me. Yours in Christ, Rick
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

"But we are not perfect, so we fail, stumble and fall. So lets try to help each other when we do. "

And that sir, is exactly what this chapel means to me.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Hey Don,
    Most of us have had trouble with the concept of prayer and scripture is full of examples and instructions for us to follow. Here are a few general comments....

Phillpians 4 is a good place to start. Rejoice! Make your requests known with THANKSGIVING. I read that a hundred times before I got it. Giving thanks to God is a vital part of prayer. Thanklessness is ugly to the Almighty. A concordance will help with these references.

Your post reflects a deep humility and contrition. Recognition of the Power and omniscience of God. These are key elements in prayer.

Persistence. This is a part of demonstrating and excercising faith.

Recognition of our place in creation. We are the only beings created in God's image, embued with soul and spirit. We are first to love God, and love our neighbors as we love OURSELVES. On its face this may seem the antithesis of humility, but no! A living, loving relationship with God is our due as his adopted children through Jesus Christ. Joint heirs to eternity with His Son. We can have no relationship without communication, and prayer is the requisite medium. As you read scripture note how much Jesus himself prayed.

Be guided by His Spirit in prayer. Our imperfect petitions and praise is made perfect to Him by His Spirit. They speak the same language!

May God bless you richly in your walk with Him, and if, as James (Jesus half-brother) said, if any of us lack wisdom, ASK! The 1st Chapter of James is helpful regarding prayer too.

Oh yeah, our prayers are the smell of heaven....You'll find that in Revelations.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Like you, I don't see any material that would shut down a thread. The man asked for opinions on a matter, and apparently he doesn't like some of the answers he got. If he only wants a specific answer, then don't ask others, just answer it yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    I read a lot of posts made in the chapel, I'm sure its effects many in a positive way. The support and encouragement y'all bring to all the members of this forum is part of what makes this a special place. So thank you for that. Keep it up, I'm sure you are making more of an impact then you'll ever know.

I am a believer and I appreciate the chapel portion here. I am not super active online. I dont have internet at my home. I have some close friends that live up the road where we visit often and use the internet there. I dont participate much for that and other reasons.

One of the reasons is I dont care for religious discussions much. I have my beliefs which dont really differ a lot from others, but i've found there is a lot of squabbling about differences in doctrine between most Christians.

Occasionally I have said a prayer for various things but not typed anything. God heard me.

Another reason I dont say much, Is I dont have a lot to offer. Im not a pastor, or a 50 year christian, I am doing good to keep myself out of trouble and keep an okay attitude about stuff. I am content to work on my own relationship for now.

~Bazoo

[QUOTE=trails4u;4176109]Boaz, I'm with Rick here....both in the dense department and in thinking that this thread should be alive and well. There will be a naysayer from time to time, but if we allow that to silence us, then we were never really here. Just sayin', my brother.

God Speed! Trails.[/QUOTE

Then keep it alive ! I think that would be great . There are plenty of good people here to keep it going but I don't want to sidetrack it by my presence . When those that don't care for me start throwing cheap shots and trying to distract the line of conversation . But I have enjoyed this thread much and it is serving a good purpose . I thank all .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast