WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hyponatremia ????

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Some fried country ham in a biscuit with an over easy egg every morning ought to cure that problem.
    MMMMMMM........country ham.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    [QUOTE=Parson;4175346]Just this morning my chiropractor told me his former pastor had died. He was sick and the doctor told him his salt was low and had to add salt to his diet, but because his heart doctor told him to go salt free, he refused and it killed him, true? I don’t know[/QUOTE

Without a proper sodium level your cells can't fire. Cells can't fire means heart can't beat, brain can't function, blood can't process, etc. Your body is an electro chemical pump. The salt conducts the electricity. (in simplest terms)
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    I pour sweat working in the garden on hot days, literally dips off my head, into my eyes, onto my glasses...
    I sympathize, completely, because I can't seem to think a warm thought on a warm day, without quickly soaking everything I'm wearing with perspiration! I've even seen a neurologist about it, who suggested substituting one of my medications with an older one having greater anticholinergic (reduces sweating among other things) activity. The outcome was a mixed success. The different meds DID seem to help matters, but whether it was because cholinergic blockade was at work, or I was too darned sedated to be energetic enough to work up a sweat, THAT'S open to question!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    everything tastes better with bacon

Boolit Master
    They're called electrolytes for a reason. Without sufficient minerals, especially salt, your body tissues lose conductivity and don't reliably conduct the electrical signals your brain sends through your nervous system to your muscles. That would include the heart muscle.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

That's a good thread. Yesterday my Wife passed out in school during lunch/ She's a 'lunch lady' for some little kids. She was taken to the hospital and held there for a day. That's twice she's done that this school year. I've copies and pasted the OP and several other posts on to my word processor for her to read, She had a heart attack last March and changed her diet a lot. Maybe she'll start adding some other things, like salt, to what she eats then she'll start to come around. I've been telling her that since the heart DR. cut off all everything she used to love to eat.
    Thanks
    Rob

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    everything tastes better with bacon
    Amen !
    Local eatery is advertising their latest Buger Special as being made of 50% ground beef and 50% ground Bacon ! I just have to try it....I'm not sure how it will taste ...but you never know .
    Add bacon and cheese ?
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RGrosz View Post
    That's a good thread. Yesterday my Wife passed out in school during lunch/ She's a 'lunch lady' for some little kids. She was taken to the hospital and held there for a day. That's twice she's done that this school year. I've copies and pasted the OP and several other posts on to my word processor for her to read, She had a heart attack last March and changed her diet a lot. Maybe she'll start adding some other things, like salt, to what she eats then she'll start to come around. I've been telling her that since the heart DR. cut off all everything she used to love to eat.
    Thanks
    Rob
    She needs to go to regular doctor and get all the blood levels tested....that might show whats low/high . All of these levels are a lot more important than I knew , don't let it get out of hand.
    Hope she gets better soon .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    She needs to go to regular doctor and get all the blood levels tested....that might show whats low/high . All of these levels are a lot more important than I knew , don't let it get out of hand.
    Hope she gets better soon .
    Gary
    She has an appointment tomorrow. we were thinking it's a problem with overmed on the blood pressure meds. Both times when the paramedics showed up, her blood pressure was extremity low. Now she has something else to ask him. Been telling her to eat what she wants, but eat in moderation. Maybe now she'll start to do that.
    BTW thanks for your concern, appreciate that.
    Rob

Boolit Master
    If you are truly hyponatremic, it more likely you have a kidney or adrenal issue rather than an intake issue. You're body is designed to hang on to Na and dump K. BTW there are a whole class of BP meds that make you dump H2O, Na, and the K rite along with it! If you need extra K I suggest you start checking labels example, milk, tomato juice, and nearly anything green is loaded with K. Nearly anyone gets plenty of Na in a normal diet because we add it. Salt is very difficult to come by in nature as well that's why out was a commodity in the ancient world, often standing for money, but in the modern world it's easy to obtain.
    Be careful OP, you probably have other issues! Your on the net, find out how your body regulate NaCl!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Amen !
    Local eatery is advertising their latest Buger Special as being made of 50% ground beef and 50% ground Bacon ! I just have to try it....I'm not sure how it will taste ...but you never know .
    Add bacon and cheese ?
    Gary
    I've made 50/50 beef deer burgers with about 4-5 slices of thick cut bacon I ground in too. They were good. The lean deer prevented a lot of shrinking and the bacon kept it all moist and together. Very tasty.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

It sounds like some blood chemistry tests need to be done; CBC, CMP, TSH, B12/FOLATE, TIBC. Start with those, and go from there.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    Hi GW.That 50%Beef/50% bacon is yummy.One of the local grocery stores has the recipe in the meat counter that is ground in store.Just add cheese for a great bacon cheese burger.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

If I die with bacon or country ham on my breath, you can bet the undertaker will have trouble getting the grin off my face. Both contribute salt to my diet, so thats one less thing to worry about.
    BTW I've got a country ham grin on right now. I had hen fruit, c ham, toast w/real butter, and coffee at 5:30 this morning as usual. What else has an old feller got to wake up for?
    Did I mention the red-eye gravy and grits?
    Kings and Presidents don't eat any better.
    Last edited by mold maker; 10-13-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Hen fruit? My Dad called them "Cackle Berries". We ate lots of them.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Hi GW.That 50%Beef/50% bacon is yummy.One of the local grocery stores has the recipe in the meat counter that is ground in store.Just add cheese for a great bacon cheese burger.
    Leo
    Thanks Leo, I was hoping to hear that !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

A teaspoon of Peanut butter every day will fix the low sugar.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Hi again GW.Not only does it make great burgers,try it in any home made pasta sauce.Or meat loaf or any recipe that calls for ground beef.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

At lunch today I had the 50-50 ground beef / ground smoked bacon burger with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and onion. AWESOME ! The mix does something really wonderful to the taste and texture of a burger. Flavor and moistness is right on.
    A smoked meat loaf of a 50-50 mix, ground venison in place of the beef would be even more better !
    When something tastes this good it must be really bad for you !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    So a 50/50 beef burger/ bacon means a 1/4 lb burger with a 1/4 lb of bacon on top ? Hummmm
    I think I've done that before but not when mommas home ! I bet the two ground together is the bomb !
    Now I got to go to the butcher and request some.

Way back there was a fast food chain called "Roy Rogers". They had a "Double R burger" which was a real 1/4lb cheese burger with ham on top and the bun was buttered and toasted ! Don't know why they all closed up. It was the best. They had real roast beef too that was red rare, almost bloody sliced real thin. Hummmm

Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast