MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationGraf & Sons
Lee PrecisionADvertise hereTitan ReloadingStainLess Steel Media

Thread: Disassembly of the new style Lee bullet molds

Boolit Man

Disassembly of the new style Lee bullet molds

The old molds were quite easy to disassemble but the new style have ,what looks to be, allen head set screws. Anyone know what is required to remove these?

These look like allen head set screws but are actually a helical cut pin, pressed in, and into a blind hole none the less. The only trick is to locate the blind end of the other side, drill it through and knock the pressed in pins out. Really not a horrible task but you might end up drilling/tapping the blocks to take another arrangement to "pin" the blocks back on the handles afterwards.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    This innocent till proven guilty is more like a fantasy as time goes on. I don't know about you folks, but I for 1 am getting mighty tired of having to prove I'm innocent just because of what someone else thinks....

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    These look like allen head set screws but are actually a helical cut pin, pressed in, and into a blind hole none the less. The only trick is to locate the blind end of the other side, drill it through and knock the pressed in pins out. Really not a horrible task but you might end up drilling/tapping the blocks to take another arrangement to "pin" the blocks back on the handles afterwards.
    Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated!

Boolit Mold
    After you beat it enough to try to get the bullet to drop, the pin just falls out. Ugh.