Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingPBcastcoLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

—Philippians 4:7

We live in such a stress-filled society today. We could write these words on the tombstones of many Americans: Hurried, worried, buried. We’re constantly in motion, going from one thing to another, from one worry to another. We can get so stressed out that we’re almost immobilized. Sometimes worry can absolutely paralyze a person’s life.

But as my friend Max Lucado has said, “Your anxiety decreases as your understanding of your Father increases.” That is really the heart of the matter.

On July 24, 2008, my wife and I heard the news that no parent ever wants to hear. We found out that our son had suddenly left us for Heaven. Anxiety, panic, worry, and fear all crashed in at the same time. And as I bent beneath the weight of it, I honestly wondered if I could survive such a thing. As a pastor, I had spoken with people over the years who had lost children, but when it happened to me, I honestly wondered if I could handle it.

But God was there for me. And one of the reasons I have continued to preach since that day is because of that, because God was there. If the Lord had not come through for me on that day, I would have given up preaching. But He did come through for me.

I’m not saying it has been easy. We still miss our son, of course, and we still feel deep pain. But we have found the truth of Philippians 4:6–7: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (NKJV).

Apply this truth, and turn your worries into prayers.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    How ironic thou should post this today. My co-workers and I where just discussing how few marriages survive the loss of a child today. It was agreed that a great faith in God is usually what brings the survivors through.
    Thanks for today!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    In times of hardship , grief and loss GOD is always there . Thank you rl69 for posting this .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen, Thanks for the great lesson.

I have to say that this has been the biggest, unlooked for effect of my hearing the Lord call me.

The longer I follow him, and the more I have learned to stay in his will. The more peace I have found. It is indeed peace like a river, and not a small river.

And when my dog Casey got me to start visiting those in a local nursing home it ramped up even more.

The more I leave worldy concerns and problems at the Lords feet the less I worry. The more peace takes over. My wife has noticed the change. When it first started she was pretty up in arms. I think she was afraid I was going to turn into one of those old testament bastiges on her. But as I have mellowed she has become increasingly supportive.

Praise be to God in the Highest!