Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Jason Aldean

Jason Aldean

I was in the process of posting a response in the other thread, but I believe it was deleted.

Jason Aldean, along with his very good friend Luke Bryan are very strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment. They are both hunters, and have had their own hunting shows on TV.

Aldean was the one performing on stage when the shots were fired in Vegas. He's back there now visiting victims.

He did perform, and his song selection was to show that we won't be rattled.

Here is the entirety of his statement on SNL:

“This week, we witnessed one of the worst tragedies in American history. Like everyone, I’m struggling to understand what happened that night and how to pick up the pieces and start to heal. So many people are hurting. There are children, parents, brothers, sisters, friends. They’re all part of our family. So I want to say to them, we hurt for you and we hurt with you. But you can be sure that we’re going to walk through these tough times together, every step of the way. Because when America is at its best, our bond and our spirit — it’s unbreakable.”

I'm going through the trouble of posting this not because I'm a fan of Jason Aldean. I was more than a little disappointed when it became known that he cheated on his ex-wife (with the woman who is now his second wife). I'm Just trying to set the record straight. He ISN'T a Liberal, and IS a very strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment.
    Last edited by 308Jeff; 10-09-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Syntax

Boolit Master
    He was a strong supporter of the second amendment. Not so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911sw45 View Post
    He was a strong supporter of the second amendment. Not so much now.
    Says who? If there's something being reported, I've missed it.

I'd think that if he made any anti-2A statements, the press would be all over it. If he does flop, I won't hesitate to condemn him and let everyone else I know about it.

I just ask that people at least make an attempt at fact checking before they post on the internet. I've called out friends of mine who've posted false **** plenty of times.

Boolit Master

I am not a fan of his mostly because I think his music sucks but I did watch the youtube video of his SNL opening and did not see any of the things stated in the other thread. I'm not trying to defend him IF he did but I sure didn't see it. Not trying to slam anyone either, if it happened post the video. I had already told the wife what a scumbag he was after reading the original thread. If we are going to slam somebody let's at least make sure they deserve it first.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I had already told the wife what a scumbag he was after reading the original thread. If we are going to slam somebody let's at least make sure they deserve it first.
    I just know the guy was unfairly slammed in the other post, and wanted to make sure that false accusations weren't getting spread, which is why I started this thread. If he flops and stabs us in the back, I will certainly let everyone I know know.

Never heard of Josh Abbott, but to hell with that guy.

Boolit Master

I’m not sure why he went on SNL. I saw 5 mins of the show(first time in years) and all I can say is sucks. What a waste of airtime.

Boolit Master
    My take on the"SNL"show for years has been snl stands for"Snot Nose Lickers".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I was in the process of posting a response in the other thread, but I believe it was deleted.

I'm going through the trouble of posting this not because I'm a fan of Jason Aldean. I was more than a little disappointed when it became known that he cheated on his ex-wife (with the woman who is now his second wife). I'm Just trying to set the record straight. He ISN'T a Liberal, and IS a very strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment.
    I was the OP of the other thread, and I posted it without verifying the source, and it turned out to be FAKE news, I downloaded the entire SNL episode and I did not see nor hear ANY of the text he supposedly said nor did they play any of the national anthem in which he supposedly took a knee.

I had the thread pulled because it wasn't accurate and wasn't fair to accuse him of something that he clearly did not do as the fake report stated he did. My bad...

Still stand by my statement about him being Nashville's more or less "manufactured" successor to George Strait.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

probably for the same reason you go to work Monday morning. to make money
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I’m not sure why he went on SNL. I saw 5 mins of the show(first time in years) and all I can say is sucks. What a waste of airtime.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I still have yet to find a report on Josh Abbott himself changing his mind all of the reports I have seen so far are about his guitarist, not Abbott himself.

Boolit Master

DougGuy said "Still stand by my statement about him being Nashville's more or less "manufactured" successor to George Strait."

I certainly won't argue that point with you at all. Not Jason Aldean but how does a country singer from Hawaii have a stronger "wood hick" accent than my relatives from Kentucky? It's all fake now. Every song is about my truck, gettin' drunk with my truck or gettin' drunk and laid in my truck. Bet most of em' eat quiche for breakfast rather than biscuits and gravy. Did I say I hate new country yet?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by kfd518 View Post
    I still have yet to find a report on Josh Abbott himself changing his mind all of the reports I have seen so far are about his guitarist, not Abbott himself.
    Josh Abbott is the guitarist the OP is about Jason Aldean

Quote Originally Posted by Menner View Post
    Josh Abbott is the guitarist the OP is about Jason Aldean
    I know the original post is about Jason Aldean. But someone stated Josh Abbott had flipped which is incorrect.
    Abbott does not play for Aldean, The Josh Abbott band is completely sepperate
    and it is Caleb Keeter for Josh's band that flipped not Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by kfd518 View Post
    I know the original post is about Jason Aldean. But someone stated Josh Abbott had flipped which is incorrect.
    Abbott does not play for Aldean, The Josh Abbott band is completely sepperate
    and it is Caleb Keeter for Josh's band that flipped not Josh.
    Correct