WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: A good deed for a vet

Boolit Master

A good deed for a vet

Last week a nice "little" 3x3 bull elk moved in with a herd of cattle right on the edge of my town. He wasn't very big, probably only 400# soaking wet, which was why the big herd bulls over the hill ran him off for the rut. On Friday the property owner told my neighbor he wouldn't allow anyone to shoot him as long as he stayed with the cows when the season opened for ML elk on Saturday. That is when another of my neighbors asked the property owner if he would allow a disabled vet in a wheelchair to have the bull and the answer was yes.
    The bull is gone now but, as a fellow vet, I am proud of my neighbors. Quilcene is a good place to live.

Good for him. And good job for everyone involved. That's why this county is so good, especially the fly-over country that the politicos and lame-stream news outlets think.
    Aim Small, and miss small
    Rob

Boolit Master

Thanks for sharing
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Great neighbors!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Cool story!

Thnx for sharing it!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

That is what a true sportsman is about.

Boolit Master

I would have helped him to harvest any legal animal and done with out my self
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

that vet will never forget that hunt and be sure your neighbor knows there are a lot of vets that say thank you him for allowing one of our brothers hunt.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master

I know our wonderful country is messed up with some bad apples. But I think this story is about the true American Spirit. That is one of caring, doing what is right, and giving to others. So great to hear of this being done.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    I know our wonderful country is messed up with some bad apples. But I think this story is about the true American Spirit. That is one of caring, doing what is right, and giving to others. So great to hear of this being done.
    I couldn't say it better! God Bless America! And our way of life.
    Luvtn

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    that vet will never forget that hunt and be sure your neighbor knows there are a lot of vets that say thank you him for allowing one of our brothers hunt.
    Damn right you betcha...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Great story, pass along to all, the praises .

Boolit Buddy
    From this vet to all involved in this story. Thank You very much for helping a fellow brother probably realize a dream and if not an awesome opportunity to have the experience. Warms my heart to see such gratitude toward a veteran. Just wish there were more who felt the same as the rancher. Thanks for sharing. God Bless America! - CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Master

If you know the guy that allowed the vet on his property the would you . . .

Please thank him for doing the right thing for a VET that stood by his country.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    I have already gone over this story with my local newspaper outdoor writer who loves it and spoke of it as a noble act and a noble end for that elk. I am not sure if the people involved want anonymity but you would recognize the guy who arranged the opportunity with the landowner if you watched TV shows like "North Woods Justice" but on the Olympic Peninsula on the satellite or cable about a year ago. He is pretty colorful. I see the property owner all the time in the fall because I launch my waterfowl hunting kayak on the bay a couple hundred yards from his new home. The fellow who arranged this and I share the same duck hunting spot from blinds a couple hundred yards apart (his permanent and mine from a kayak so we talk often across the bay). This is life in Quilcene.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 10-11-2017 at 12:01 PM.