RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger American 7.62x39 ranch rifle

Boolit Master

That's a nice little rifle jwhite. And it sure shoots well!

I've just finished working up a load for my Cz 527 in x39 with the Hornady 123 grain and AA 1680. I read some years back an article by C E Harris (I think it was him) that pointed out that the book loads for the x39 were built around the AK/SKS pressure level. Forty thousand. The 527 was a fifty thousand psi action and his Ruger M77 was good for sixty.

So I've been able to get 2,750 fps or so with no pressure signs whatsoever. Impressive little rifle.

I'm going to a gun show soon I have to look and see if there's a Ruger calling my name . . .

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

I just ordered one for my wife, we watched hickok45 and she said afterward that she wants one for deer season....this year! So it should be in the shop today I'm putting a nice 3-9x40 nikon monarch on it I'm really excited about all of the great reviews I have seen on it so far

How did the ranch dog 150 feed? I'm thinking about buying the NOE 165 version just for this rifle(and other rifles of course)

Also I called ruger and they said it's a 300 bore with 311 grooves to SAMMI specs is what they told me so i have a bunch of lee 312-160 loaded up with 20 grn of IMR4198 to test out (PC and GC)

43PU

I used to use the Rem 180 gr CL RN (for the .303 Br) in an SKS and it shot well. It is a .310" bullet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I took a Rem 700 308 barrel, cut off most of the chamber, threaded it for a Savage action, chambered it and put it together. The South African ball ammo I have will go about 1.5" @100 and the Lapua ball will go just under and inch. I just use it as a single shot.

Banned

Ruger Mini 30 brand new for sale on Gunboards Trader right now.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...red-Great-Deal!

So I got the rifle last week and we have already put 500+ rounds through it, I took it out to. 600 yards while breaking it in with Geco brand ammo (to get the brass) and I was hitting a 18x30 sil every shot and a 10" every shot and was even able to connect with the. 4" spinner 5 out of 20 rounds!!!to say I was impressed would be an understatement. I worked up a load with IMR4198 and it seems to really like it, using the lee 150 grn FN seated out Really far I was getting consistent 1" groups at. 100 yards.

Fast forward 2days and I took my wife out shooting since this is her rifle and it shows. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	207197. That is a 15 or 20 round group my wife shot with 21.5 grn of IMR 4198 with the lee 150 FN seated to the second lube groove that my wife shot OFF HAnD at 100 yards and here is a recovers bullet it only lost 6 grns and expanded out to average of .710

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1509812264517.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	207214

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=43PU;4188400]I just ordered one for my wife, we watched hickok45 and she said afterward that she wants one for deer season....this year! So it should be in the shop today I'm putting a nice 3-9x40 nikon monarch on it I'm really excited about all of the great reviews I have seen on it so far

How did the ranch dog 150 feed? I'm thinking about buying the NOE 165 version just for this rifle(and other rifles of course)

The 150r RD fed like a champ in my Ranch Rifle, **** accurate as well.

JW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12