Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2ADvertise hereGraf & Sons
StainLess Steel MediaInline FabricationLee Precision

Thread: mark of the beast

Boolit Master

mark of the beast

in certain aspects, the mark of the beast can be considered to be an emotional/mental aspect a person latches onto over time that is anti everything good in the bible, or can be a physical mark as it is most often considered.

Like a birthmark that predilects one to be evil, or the witches marks sought after during the witch trials, or tattoos of numbers.

What I posit is the following question,

If any tattoo, piercing, whatnot, is the physical mark of the beast, then why do so many people who problaim to be devout Christians always get the full body tattoos and follow "pstor bob" who got his full body tattoo while serving time in san quintin for rape?

Boolit Master
    then why do so many people who proclaim to be devout Christians always get the full body tattoos and follow "pstor bob"
    Perhaps because they have been mislead, and deceived because they are to lazy to open the bible and read for themselves what it says. It is no wonder when one considers the words of Christ;

Rev 12:9 KJV And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The very beast whose mark you speak of is a liar and the father of it, and you ain't seen nothing yet, wait til he shows up in person, and see what he does;

Rev 13:14 KJV And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

The simple answer to your question is, they are deceived.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteshaver View Post
    If any tattoo, piercing, whatnot, is the physical mark of the beast, then why do so many people who problaim to be devout Christians always get the full body tattoos and follow "pstor bob" who got his full body tattoo while serving time in san quintin for rape?
    The Israelites were forbidden by the Law from getting tattoos. Why? It had to do with their neighbors and some of their pagan rituals. Israel was intended to be a special people unlike the heathens.

Does it follow that tattoos are forbidden for Christians? This was not touched on in the New Testament. So let each follower of Christ follow their conscience. There is no need to major in the minors. Of course Christians should not be weirdos.

I do not agree that a tattoo has anything to do with the Mark of the Beast.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteshaver View Post
    What I posit is the following question,

Isn't forgiveness/redemption for past screwups a major component of the Christian shtick? There would be a certain attraction to some folks in following "someone who fell even lower than I did, but still managed to pull out of their nosedive".

As to why members of a given sect would get tatted up, that's gonna be cultural. Say you're part of European colonialism back in the 1500's, and you're trying to convert the locals into docile little taxpayers. They'll accept your god but the age old local custom is that a bone through the nose (or whatever) is the mark of a grown man, successful warrior, disciple of_____, fertile woman, personal statement of ____ (or whatever). You can take their willingly given taxes and live with their nose bones for a few generations, or you can try to outlaw their nose bones and risk rejection of your culture at best, and a bloody revolt at worst. Like the Gunny said in Full Metal Jacket, "you can give your heart to Jesus, but your *** belongs to the Corps". Secular influences are powerful, and while they might change, they don't go away.
    WWJMBD?

Buried in molds until covered with mold.

Boolit Master
    I do not agree that a tattoo has anything to do with the Mark of the Beast.
    Agreed.

Boolit Master

Oregon. Hate the politics, but love the weather!
    I think it will be a tiny computer chip placed in the skin of the palm of the hand or the forehead that will contain information about you--probably everything there is to know from blood type to credit rating. It will be so minute in size that not accepting it's installation will be considered to be an unrealistic complaint. We are presently seeing the forerunners of this device in the chip being inserted in household (pet) animals to identify them and their owners if they become strays, and in the credit cards that now plug into the card reader rather than swipe. Installation may be as simple or even easier than an injection. They will be placed in children at the time of birth and become universal throughout society. Every time the chip is read, when a transaction is conducted, it will be updated by the computer; or alternatively the computer's records will be updated. Us older folks that would resist installation of a chip will just die out, and those who aren't old at the time I becomes mandatory practice and refuse installation will be ostracized by society, unable to buy or sell. Thought to be lunatics, as those who presently don't immunize their children are regarded.

I've had churchy people fuss at me about tattoos. It's silly. What does the tattoo mean to you and what does it represent? Those are better questions.
    I only have two. My wedding ring is a tattoo and the other is a big Star of David with a cross in the middle. Can't see God getting bothered by them.

As to the Mark of the Beast....it's technology. Plain and simple. The actual technology is debatable but facts are facts, it's getting almost impossible to buy or sell without some kind of technology forcibly inserted into your rectum. Phones, RFID or chips in your credit/debit cards....take your pick. The push to a cashless society from the servants of a one world government, that's your mark right there. No need for cash or ID, you can now hold your phone up to a device and pay for everything, sign up for a newsletter and a get your warranty service information sent to you....all in a one second swipe. Devices get smaller every year. One day...no need to carry that with you and worry about losing it, we can stick it under your skin in a convenient and painless place. Hey, how about your right hand or your forehead?
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Moderator Emeritus

Tattoos tend to be a contentious subject, and the REASON it tends to be contentious, is because of the differences in interpretations of the words of the Bible, as well as personal prejudices about the subject and practice. I don't have any tattoos, and don't particularly find them "attractive," especially on women. But that's just MY personal sentiment, and it's NOT based on any Biblical injunctions whatsoever. But it's really no biggie with me either way, and I don't look down on others who have tattoos. I have friends who've got tattoos. They're just not something I'd ever do myself.

Somehow, I have a very strong sense that if and when the "mark of the beast" comes, it'll be pretty definitive and we who believe and have studied will know what it is, so that we can make a knowing choice in the matter. Tattoos? Those are just another red herring to get Christians to argue about rather than the things that really matter and tend to affect the world around us for good or evil. That's my 2 cents' worh on the matter, anyway. The whole subject is just something that I give very little consideration to, pro or con. There are too many more fruitful things to consider.