RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationStainLess Steel Media
Lee PrecisionGraf & SonsADvertise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scpoing the SMLE

We are thinking along the same lines but I'm not opposed to the windage end being on the front if need be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    If any of you Enfield tinkerers have one, I need a dark walnut forearm or cutoff forearm tip for a No.4 Mk1. I'm trying to restore a Long Branch No.4 that was sporterized by cutting the forearm just forward of the barrel band.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	303mount  old pic off the early internet.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	207278
    This is a pic off the early internet ~~ 16 years ago.
    Google search image... it was exactly 16 years ago
    http://www.303british.com/id32.html

Name:	DSCF0001ScopeMount303.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	207279
    Here is a pic of my early gunsmithing, trying to copy that pic. It works... but not as elegant.

Boolit Bub
    I had used the ATI "friction" mount on my SMLE. I could not keep it from shifting. At one range session, after about 15 shots, the mount popped off the gun. I then dimpled the loading charger guide for the set screws to rest in, but still found it would not hold a zero. My SMLE is now just set up with open sights.

Name:	DSCN5657.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	207647 Not the best picture and I have no idea what base that is on it, or who might have done the work , but it is solid and it has some version of an Alpine scope on it. It belonged to my cousin who passed last year. I was fortunate enough to buy it before it went to the public market. Hope I helped you some. - CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Caster I'm sorry anout your cousin. That sort of looks Weaver-ish. I like how low it sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Caster I'm sorry anout your cousin. That sort of looks Weaver-ish. I like how low it sits.

Texas by God, i think your right about it being weaverish. It shoots jwords pretty well and when i first took possession of it my dad and I shot quite a few PP boolits through it. After a severe barrel scouring. Years of grunge built up in there. It still isn't like a mirror, but it looks WAY WAY better than it did and accuracy has improved dramatically with jwords. Looking forward to shooting some cast out of it(non PPthat is).- CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Buddy
    TBG,
    Checkout this thread, I posted pic of one I made for a No4, one similar could be fit to a SMLE.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...a-No-4-Enfield

I made this scope base from an alloy bicycle crank arm. It's keyed, glued and screwed onto the charger bridge and glued and screwed onto the receiver ring. You can see the receiver ring part has been turned to suit the radius of the ring. That thing is so solid it survived the drop test.

I machined the dovetails after mounting. It wasn't quite finished at that stage.

I happen to have a long neck so for me a high scope is better plus the butt fits me well. Recoil is no problem since the gun is fitted with a semi-suppressor.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 11-17-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

I made this scope base from an alloy bicycle crank arm. It's keyed, glued and screwed onto the charger bridge and glued and screwed onto the receiver ring. You can see the receiver ring part has been turned to suit the radius of the ring. That thing is so solid it survived the drop test.

I machined the dovetails after mounting. It wasn't quite finished at that stage.

I happen to have a long neck so for me a high scope is better plus the butt fits me well. Recoil is no problem since the gun is fitted with a semi-suppressor.
    Nice work there 303guy. Looks good. Just goes to show how if ya have the will there is a way. Of course the proper tools make it a lot easier. Lol Thanks for sharing . - CASTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12