RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I need a 1911, barrel where to go?

Boolit Master

I need a 1911, barrel where to go?

I need a 1911 barrel, Preferably a match grade that I need to fit.Where is a good place to buy..Sarco? Somewhere else?

Try Brownells. I've purchased several custom barrels from them over the years, usually Kart brand; but they carry others as well.

Boolit Grand Master

I have used bar-sto barrels with good results. Karts are supposed to be good also. I prefer to fit my barrels if I can also.

Boolit Master

Go to Brownells and order a Kart NM barrel. Only difference between it and a Barstow is the Barstow will shoot military ball alittle better for $75.00. I've installed 6 of them with no problems and they have plenty of extra material. I've fit one Wilson and it didn't really have alot of extra meat on it and I had to be real careful fitting it.

Boolit Master
    I use the roto hammer forged barrels. I think we got them from scarco. they fit good and shot real good.

Vendor Sponsor

After you fit the Kart, you may want to send it and get it throated and also get the headspace reamed because they short chamber them at .895" and there is zero throat.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

I have had my best results with Barsto or Kart but I only build bullseye 1911's.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=2311
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 10-11-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Boolit Master

If you are going to fit it yourself the Kart E-Z Fit is the way to go.

Boolit Buddy
    You might want to check "Midway". They have a Stainless Steel, Roto-Forged 1911 .45 Cal. barrel for $49.99, made by "Swenson". The ones that I have seen installed only required a "very little fitting", have an enlarged outside diameter at the muzzle end of the barrel (at the barrel bushing location). It might also be stated that they have a "reduced outside barrel diameter" behind the muzzle end of the barrel at the barrel bushing location. They are well finished, polished and rifled. Some of the reviews indicate that the "fit up" on some of the barrels is tight at the barrel link and barrel link pin locations. Which seems like a good approach (easier to remove a "little metal" than to add "some". Both of these barrels shoot very well. They are not advertised as "Match Grade", but are very accurate. I purchased one as a "spare" from "Midway", after seeing the above two barrels shoot at the range.
    Getting old is the best you can hope for.